system fatal errors

The consultants I mentioned before are here now. They are saying that they (PeopleSoft) haven't seen these types of errors with 8.10. They are wondering if it might have something to do with the fact that we are not using "J" environments. Is anyone else on 8.10 and not using the "J" environments? Have you had problems? Could this really be the reason for the fatal errors and kick-outs?

Don't think so.

We are not using the "J" environment. As I mentioned, our fatal errors were linked to DD item CP07. Since that DD item was fixed (in December), we have been "fatal system error" free...

Billie,

running on EnterpriseOne 8.10 for 6 months now with standard environments... no J environment. No issues. The only issues we experienced with kick-outs was with User Overrides that did not get deleted after the go-live because of human error... this step was missed because we had forgot about it.... oops. It took two seconds to fix.

Billie -

I ran into a similar problem on Xe, and it was due to workflow. We had a custom business function in our workflow, and it was erroring out. It appears that Xe didn't know how to deal with a workflow error, so it kicked us out completely with no error message.

You could try going in to your workflow and deactivating all the active processes...otherwise I'd check and see if you have workflow activated in your processing options (I think "Notify Buyer" uses workflow).

Chris

I hate to sound this way, but that sounds like a total crock. We had a number of critical problems in our production environment following the 8.9 upgrade and consultants were sent onsite after multiple calls to you know who. They pointed at a lot of things that had absolutely no bearing to the issue, wasted a lot of our time, and ultimately served no purpose other than to be a conduit to internal JDE developers who were able to generate an engineering fix for specific system libraries on the HP UNIX server. We could have done that ourselves if we had that type of access. It is much better now, I must say. They should be commended for their improved customer service at least as far as it goes with my company.

You should be able to function properly with the standard environments. Although I've heard the J environments offered as a replacement for the old W environments, remember that the code was written on Windows clients and should certainly run best there! The few times you might run into problems are when you map specific business functions to a server and do not include their associated class partners. We have only a bare minimum of functions mapped to the Enterprise server and those are only there to allow Vertex connections among other things.

You may have already stated this in one of your previous posts, so pardon me if I'm repeating something, but one thing you should check is that the *PUBLIC DEFAULT BSFN mapping is LOCAL in the SYSTEM - 810 datasource and that you have turned off the 400 or so BSFN objects which *may* have received a server mapping by virtue of the planner configuration. This could have been fixed by the time you upgraded, however. We upgraded our development environments from Xe to 8.9 in September 2003 and had hordes of problems due to Business Function mappings. Some business functions actually would not function at all on a UNIX enterprise server without applying ESU's or paper fixes. The disclaimer to my statement is that we aren't running 8.10, but I would have to say that 8.9 is close in many ways.

If this is true, you can increase the logs into a fat client including this into [DEBUG] section the jde.ini into a fat client

LEVEL=BSFN,EVENTS,SF_CONTROL,SF_GRID,SF_PARENT_CHILD,SF_GENERAL,SF_MESSAGING,SF_WORKFLOW,SF_WORKFLOW_AD

you will have more details.

We are experiencing the exact same error across multiple modules. We recently upgraded from TR 8.93 to 8.96_H1. We ran R9698711 but it was 64 pages. Thus, I'm thinking we input the wrong proc options.

One more thing. Looking at the user's jde.log, it reads "A Hyper Item is being disabled in Security, the item no longer exists." Every user who gets the "fatal error" has this in their jde.log

Back