Submission Of Version Specification On ES

FreddyFrancis

FreddyFrancis

Well Known Member
Hi all

When i submit the version specification on the server it goes into the Wait state.
The UBE is forced to run in a queue Finance.

However in the workstation JDE.ini in the
[Network Setting]
installspecs=1
InstallERSpecs=Y.

are there.

2 queues have been set , Qbatch and Finance being them. However when i submit a UBE spec which is to run in Qbatch on the server it goes through.

However when the specs of UBE to be run in the FInance queue is submitted on the server it goes into the wait state.

How do i come out of it. ???

Thanks in advance
Freddy Francis

OneWorld Xe SP22 AS400
EO 8.9 SP2 Win2k -Oracle 9.2.0.3

Freddy,

Use the AS/400 command WRKSBSD QBATCH. Then, examine the job queue entries.
Is Finance attahced to subsystem QBATCH?

Do you mean in the Finance job queue it is in a JOBQ status? Or are you doing WSJ in OW and it shows a Wait ststus?

Regards,
Danny.

FreddyFrancis <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all

When i submit the version specification on the server it goes into the Wait state.
The UBE is forced to run in a queue Finance.

However in the workstation JDE.ini in the
[Network Setting]
installspecs=1
InstallERSpecs=Y.

are there.

2 queues have been set , Qbatch and Finance being them. However when i submit a UBE spec which is to run in Qbatch on the server it goes through.

However when the specs of UBE to be run in the FInance queue is submitted on the server it goes into the wait state.

How do i come out of it. ???

Thanks in advance
Freddy Francis

OneWorld Xe SP22 AS400
EO 8.9 SP2 Win2k -Oracle 9.2.0.3
XE SP22 V5R3M0

You must not have the Finance queue set up properly. Have you used it before successfully or is this the first time. Check P985130 and make sure the Finance QUEUE is active and is assigned to the correct port. There is also a UDC setup needed for a new queue but I cannot remember it. Anyone else?

Win\Sql 2K, B8.9 SP2, JAS Websphere 5.0.2

Hi all

It is not a single threaded job queue.

The reports do run on the Finance Queue, which means the queue has been set up properly.. But if i create a new version and try to submit its version on the server, before running the same, from the Adv options in Batch Versions Utility, It goes into Wait state.

Freddy Francis
OneWorld Xe SP22 As400
Eo 8.9 win/oracle 9.2.0.3

I know in XE you needed to modify the startup scripts for OneWorld services to include the finance queue as a spec queue type. I'm not sure what you need to do for 8.9 though.

Hello Richards,
How do you modify script to make finance queue a part of instaal ques in XE...?

Please do help me out...

Thanks in advance..
Freddy

Freddy,

Please post a copy of your enterprise server JDE.INI. Please remove any userid's and passwords from the file. If you feel more comfortable e-mailing it send it to [email protected].

Attach a copy of your startup and shutdown scripts for JDE services and I'll try to show you. If you don't want to post them publically, feel free to email them to me. PM me for my email address if you want to go that route.

Dan

Back