Strange Issue: Business function parameter mapping

sahoom

Hello friends
I am facing a strange issue. From a custom UBE I call a custom C business function. This business function does couple of table I/Os and returns three different values like Number of cartons, weight and Volume information.

When I run the UBE locally it works okay and prints valid cartons, weight and Volume information for an order. But when run on server the UBE prints "*********" for volume. But carton and weight prints correctly.

I looked into server debug log the BSFN output parameter value shows up as 9.7 (this is correct) for volume. But for some reason the value does not get passed to the variable mapped in the UBE. I have no clue what is the problem and why it only happens on server. Also i'm not sure why a value of "********" gets assigned to a numeric variable thru the data structure.

I have tried re-deploying the UBE and BSFN to server but no luck. Please help me if any of you have run into such issues.

Thanks

EnterpriseOne (SP22), AS/400 (Server)

Hi ?
Is it possible that for any reason on server volume return too big number (over limit) to be displayed so it's replaced by *****

To test this suggestion, try to change number of number display for volume variable.

Hope it help.

Charles thanks for responding

I have already tried that. My variable size is 15 ( one display decimal) and the business function returns 9.7 only. I believe the variable is large enough to hold the value of 9.7.

Manas

Back