SPC Madness today

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
What a bunch of freakin' losers.

Peoplesoft expired EVERY SPC Code provided to customers ON THE SAME DAY ? Whats up with that ?

It seems everyone is trying to call Peoplesoft today and are all requesting SPC codes. This means that with so many codes being requested, there aren't enough people to handle the support calls. Two hours my customer has to be down while we wait in line because of this. What a freakin nightmare. Hopefully Oracle will fix this mess, and fire a bunch of these losers.

By the way - interestingly enough, the peon I spoke to on the phone had been at peoplesoft "three months" - what ? he joined a company knowingly that was being taken over ? how many "senior" people are there anymore ? I'm confused....

Yes I have the same SPC expiry warning that caused me issues today and I am in queue with support. I am sure that the last code I received had a April expiry date. My guess is there is a bug somewhere that has set expiry as Jan 31st. In my case users can click CANCEL to get by the problem.

Just an update

I don't think theres a bug - although I can't be 100% certain - but they seem to be giving codes that expire in 15 years (at least to us). We'll see what its like tomorrow.

I think this has something to do with how the SPC codes work with the service packs by the way....

The 15 year license is the new license policy Peoplesoft began.

But now with Oracle running the show, who knows what the next policy will be...

Cheers

Hmmm

31st January - 1 day before Feb 2005 ?

Is that coincidence that Peoplesoft were dropping support of Xe on Feb 1 2005 prior to the takeover ?

It seems as if only Xe customers were affected by this.

I wonder what the support calls would have looked like on Feb 1 had Oracle NOT extended support - would Peoplesoft have continued to give out SPC codes ??? I guess they would have, but what a tricky way to shut down Xe .....

Jon is correct. Just as a follow up, we are on XE SP_21 and also had this issue today. Basically, if you are on XE at a SP level greater than 17, your security level MUST be 7. If P98SRV shows security revision level 5, SPC codes will not take.

You must download ESU JD12367 and run the executable on the deployment server (Id back up Planner first just to be safe :)

You do not need to apply the ESU or build a package, just run the exe.

This upgrades you to Security revision level 7 and all is well in SPC world... unless of course you work at the help desk.

If you talk to Oracle support, be sure to mention this ESU and SAR number 5318211. It will save you some time... and maybe some aggravation.

I have had exactly the same situation yesterday and we have been able to
insert the SPC code from Cient.

Anyway, HD has suggest us to install the ESU JD12367 to syncronize the
security level on the deployment and the rest of system.

What has happend today with XE and SPC codes? Another JDE joke!!

Ent: AS400, Sun, NT
Oneworld XE SP20
Clients: Citrix, Web, Java

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than
the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of , or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.