Simulated Cost Rollup (R30812) ends with Memory Allocation Failure

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
We ran a Simulated Cost Rollup (R30812) this weekend on the server, on almost 50,000 items. We did a full cost rollup (i.e. not just a single-level), and it ended with a Memory Allocation Failure. It was working fine for us for our Dec, 2004 rollup -- maybe we've reached a threshold of sort.

Has anyone else run into this, and/or found a solution. In the meantime, we ran our purchased items separately, and then ran a full rollup of just manufactured items, and it worked ok. I don't think we should have to do this, though.

Any ideas or experiences with this?

I haven't received any replies on this posting, but I have heard back from GSS, stating that we'll have to divide our items into smaller chunks and run each "chunk" in a separate run of R30812. This seems ridiculous to me -- we have 50,000 items to rollup, and I'll bet there are lots of you out there with way more than 50,000 items. How are you doing your cost rollups? Are you doing it in "chunks", or have you had to do some tuning for batch queues to use more memory, or some other approach?

I'd really appreciate your feedback! Thank you.

We have lots of item but I only roll up our "active" items. I exclude GL Class ED10, stk type G, J, and O, and line type Z and Q. I do not know what would happen if I ran the roll up wide open.

Back