Signoff to Test

Its not on sale

Reputable Poster
This really bugs me that when I am developing a Form and during my testing , If I Test the form and go back to omw to do some changes and come back and run the form again I see the same old ER running.

To fix it I have to signoff and signon again. I am kinda really frustrated with that. Some time it would work without signing off and just by running any other Interactive application but most of the time I have to signoff. I also do F5 repeatidly to refresh the menus but nothing happens.

Wondering if there is a solution for this problem.

Regards

Hello, Naveed,
You can try OneWorld Explorer Menu->View-> User Options ->Purge Cash button
(or Form menu -> Purge Cash)
Hope it will help.

Regards, Alex Shevchenko

XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris production
XE SP18 Oracle 8.1.7, Solaris test

It sounds like you're leaving FDA open while you repeatedly save and run your program. That in itself is a bad idea, due to the way spec files are managed. You run the risk of corrupting the TAM files. On the other hand, if you save your app, and then leave the designer you should see your changes take effect (because FDA will clear the cache of that program). Short version:

start FDA
make your changes,
leave FDA,
test your app,
leave your app,
go back to step 1

If you're certain you're not taking any chances, or you are willing to take them, turn the cache off and your changes will take effect immediately (becaue OW won't cache the apps). The downside is that EVERYTHING will run slower because nothing will be saved to memory.

In the INI go to
[INTERACTIVE RUNTIME]
CACHE_UseCache=1

set that '1' to a '0' (zero)

Unless things have changed. . .that should do the trick.

Good Luck!

Whipping Boy,

No I am not leaving FDA open. I do my Work and close it and then go back and test it but same OLD ER is executing. I will try Disabling the cache option while I am doing my development. Once I am done I will enable it.

Alexander, Thanks for the Help. I will also try your option and lets see if it works or not.

Thanks all for the replies. I appreciate it.

Regards

Hi,
the easiest way I know is :
open FDA, make your changes, close FDA,
then re-open FDA (opening will refresh the cash) and close it ,
then run your APPL : it is 100% efficient

In my experience I have found that I do not need to exit FDA, all I need to do is make sure I do NOT "SAVE" in FDA while the application I am changing is open.

Lets say you are changing P4210, make sure P4210 is not open then make a change in FDA and save it (do not exit). Run P4210 to see your change. Exit P4210, make another change in FDA and save it. Run P4210, your 2nd change should work fine.

This works until you hit the SAVE while the application is open. Once you do that you must log off and and log back on.

I hope this helps.

Back