E9.2 Setting up fixed component scrap in MRP

JDE1993

Hello. I am having an issue with setting up MRP planning for an operation, where work order quantities need to be increased based on planned scrap. Simply, if the demand for a specific component in the planned window is 100, we would like to open an order for 110. From what ive researched, it seems as one way of doing this is setting up a scrap% for the component on all the parent items BOM's, which then increases the planned demand. However, isnt the parent BOM then reflected as for example an order of 100 needing 110 of this component? This would be very much false in practice, and since we include the BOM info on work order cards etc, it wouldnt work.

Another thing I tried is setting up the planned operational yield % of the manufacturing step to 90%, but this didnt seem to change the planned MRP quantities. Also this cannot be used for fixed component scarp. Is there something im missing here?

On item branch/additional info there is also the field "shrink factor", which would be excactly what is needed, however it doesnt seem to increase the planned quantities accordingly either. Is there something wrong with my setup? Included is a picture of the current setup of my parameters in item branch. Additionally ive setup a minimum order quantity.

Attachments

• MRPSetup.PNG
    MRPSetup.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
Back