E9.2 Component Demand at P4021 on Parent WO Status 10

vinngh

vinngh

Hello, When the Work Order is at status 10 and Partlist is not attached, in spite of adding the status 10 in S&D inclusion rule and WO Start date is within BOM date range, it is not showing the Demand at component level in P4021, because of this MRP is also not generating any message. Please suggest, if the part list is mandatory to reflect as demand at component level? Could creation of Work Order alone by looking at Partlist won't show the demand?

Thank you,

Vinay

Hello Experts,
could you please suggest something on this? How MRP does the calculation of Purchase Item which is part of BOM but no Partlist is generated?

There are many reasons why it may not find the part. The parts list does not need attached as MRP will find the BOM based on the BOM type that is specified on the work order header.

Now, that said, an issue I see a lot is that the On-Line BOM validation is NOT turned on in the Manufacturing Constants. This can cause the Low-Level codes to be out of sync. These codes determine the order in which components need planned. If they are out of sync, the system could be planning the component item PRIOR to the parent item of the work order and therefore no demand.

This is a typical issue if you SQL in a bunch of BOMs too. There is a program that rebuilds the Low-Level codes, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Hello , Thank you for the response. In my environment, the On line BOM validation is in place at MFG constant (P3009). I even have executed the BOM level update R30601 , but it is not helping yet.
The challenge I see that MRP Job is ignoring when the the component is Purchase Item , if the component is MFG item, it is able to recognize and generate the WO message for that.

HI @vinngh , I am facing the exact same issue. Could you please help if you have found out some solution to overcome this.

Hello @ssdmsd - I re-created BOM and tried to generate the Demand of Parent Item, then MRP started considering the demand at component level.
For sure, the BOM structure was impacting the MRP.

Hello,
I am having demand issue with non purchased part, did your issue got resolved based on solution from oracle link?
Thanks

Back