E9.2 MRP Priority for multiple sources of demand on same date

JDE1993

Hello everyone, and apologies in advance if my question is difficult to understand or plain dumb, but I will try and explain the issue we are having in detail.
So my question is regarding the order in which component requirements are considered to be met for demand sources on the same date. So for example, if I have 100 of component x in stock, and 3 orders (call then 1,2 and 3) using 200, 200, and 100 of this component on the same day, which of these orders will have 100 units covered by the stock, and more importantly is it possible to change this?

The reason for this question stems from assembly scheduling. We start assembly for orders by checking which order has all the critical components, and then release it to the shop floor accordingly. However due to our planning process, we often have multiple orders for the same date using a common component. At times we run into cases, where even though we have some components in stock, no order seems to be ready for assembly. Using the previous example, we might have 100 units of component x, but they all seem to go towards covering the requirements of order 1, even though we could fully complete order 3. This in turn slows down our assembly at times, when work cannot be released.

So far the logic ive come up with here is that for same day requirements, it is based on sequence of order entry; it seems which order was entered first gets priority in material requirement planning.

Any ideas on this?
Cheers

Back