Server Manager 9.1 Upgrade

Re: Tools 9.1 Hints

New SM Agents are always required first otherwise the tools will not upgrade on the components for that managed home.

I did of course get my SM Agents to the latest level beforehand but what I'm saying is that I did not run a new install.

I updated the SM Console which then detected that the agents were out of data and simply selected the agent and clicked "update" - no net new install was required.

Of course bouncing the agents and console in between, correcting some host entires, etc. was al necessary but it worked fine.

Colin

Your earlier message isnt clear then because it says you don't need to update the agent.

So what do you have in your SM Agent folder :

/JDE_HOME/OPatch

on your AS400 server?

Okay - you do need to update the Agent but you don't need to use the "full" install that runs on Windows, creates a new Oracle home and remotely installs the Agent on the AS400.

Since I'm assuming you're going an agent upgrade then the SM COnsole "Agent Update" option should work. No Oracle directories will be created on your AS400 IFS and the directory structure looks EXACTLY like pre tools 9.1.

I checked my Agent Manifest and the updates are in place:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: 1.4.2_12-b03 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
BuildDate: ${build.date}
Build-OS-Name: Windows XP
Build-OS-Arch: x86
Build-OS-Version: 5.1
BuildType: optimize
JavaCompiler: Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.4.2_12
SCF-Agent-Build: 9100013

My plan is to hold onto the 8.98.4.5 Agent install like grim death and always perform an update from the SM Console instead of a new agent install - all just to avoid another Oracle home creation.

Colin

[ QUOTE ]

The InstallManager.htm needed for the CLIENT installs was missing some key sample lines. I thankfully was on the Beta for Tools 9.1 so grabbed it from there.

Now since the 'extra" files were not cleaned up I decided to install a client using the OLD JDE installed and.............well works no problem so no worries if you can't or don't want to get the new OUI installer working.

I have both working quite fine. Actually the original InstallManger.htm file that wasn't updated pointed to the old installer so by simply swapping these out you can switch between installers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colin,
I have screwed up my installmanager.htm in order to install using OUI. Can you upload your installmanager.htm file

Back