Sending Email after updating table

baha

We have a custom application that insert employee data in one of our custom tables, what we would like to do is send a confirmation email to employee as soon as data is inserted into the table, employee email address is captured in FC, I tried using business function send HRM Email but it does not seem to work or may be I am not using this function properly, I have tried find the solution in the existing post but wasnt able to find it, can some help me with this solution (how to use this business function)
Thanks,

Your post doesn't state your JDE nor Tools level, which may have something to do with "Send Email HRM" not working.

I've been at two 9.0 installations where we've replaced "Send Email HRM" with "Email Merge Letter"
due to issues with "HRM".

Parms are the same for both BSFNs.

Thanks for the reply , and yes I am able to use function Email Merge Letter with success, currently we are on JDE9.1 with tools release 9.1.2.3

there is a system function called SENDMESSAGE (something similar) which can be used to send email once some specified work is done.

The Send HRM Email requires your email server name to be identified in the jde.ini file. In the [JDEMAIL] section, there is a line that should say "Rule1=90|OPT|MAILSERVER=mailserver.yourdomain.com" - the delivered default has a dummy JDE server name. The change will take effect after services are cycled.

Back
Top Bottom