Select and Select form gets closed

choudharyc

Am using a 'Search and Select' form for some reasons as an entry point form. 'Select' navigates the user to a 'Fix/Inspect' form - when the user clicks on 'Cancel' here it closes both the forms.
I would like when the user clicks on 'Cancel' on 'Fix / Inspect' form the control should come back to the 'Search & Select' form in its previous state.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated..

Try using a find browse or power browse instead of a Search and Select. The S&S types are used to lookup a value in table and then close when you select the row, returning the value. The browse form types are used to display a set of data and allow further actions.

Craig

Thanks Craig.Yeah I agree with you ..for some reasons the S&S form was used - do you see any workaround other than coding it again into the find browse or power browse

In what event is the Fix Inspect form called?

I can only imagine the FI is called from the 'Select' button press event, which should be the only reason the S&S closes when finished in the Fix Inspect.

If you can provide a row-exit to call your Fix Inspect, cancelling from the FI should not close the S&S.

Back