E8.12 Security on Favorites

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Is there any way to remove links from Favorites folder if the corresponding roles is removed (or expired ) from the user ID.
For example, UserABC is working for G/L and FA. If the user's FA role is removed, the links related to FA role should be removed (or disabled or hidden) automatically.

Nope, i don't think so - or not that i know of.
One thing you could do is take a look at the @-entries in F9000 and see if that helps you in any way.

The Favorites table is only loosely linked with security. In your scenario, the FA items will disappear from menus, but not from the favorites. If the user attempts to click on those apps, they will receive a message informing them that they do not have access.

The Favorites table is only loosely linked with security. In your scenario, the FA items will disappear from menus, but not from the favorites. If the user attempts to click on those apps, they will receive a message informing them that they do not have access.
I have tested this.
The only way is to remove the links using Task Relationships applications ( using @UserABC in the header).

But still I'm thinking about this loosely coupling as the user is removed from the access to a specific module, he/she will still have access to the favorites links.
In 8.12, if we clicks a link in the favorites folder, it loads as usual :oops::oops::oops:

I have tested this.
The only way is to remove the links using Task Relationships applications ( using @UserABC in the header).

But still I'm thinking about this loosely coupling as the user is removed from the access to a specific module, he/she will still have access to the favorites links.
In 8.12, if we clicks a link in the favorites folder, it loads as usual :oops::oops::oops:
I don't think that this is a 8.12 feature or bug, i'd rather suggest you look at your security table and check how that can happen :)

I have tested more and found the below.

- While removing roles from a user, we need to manually remove the related application/report links from favorites folder.

And the toughest part is, we need to check the links one by one to confirm that the link is belongs the role in subject.

Back