SAP trying to "steal" customers!!!! Anyone biting???

msouterblight1

VIP Member
SAP trying to \"steal\" customers!!!! Anyone biting???

All,

SAP is definitely trying to get some ORCL/PSFT customers to jump ship and move to their product. To further this, SAP has bought TomorrowNow which provides an alternative support program for PSFT (Enterprise, EnterpriseOne, and World() products. Has anyone been contacted and is anyone seriously considering making the move??

Thanks,

Re: SAP trying to \"steal\" customers!!!! Anyone biting???

Matthew,

Chomp Chomp! We bit two weeks ago. Tomorrownow offered to support XE for a fraction of what JD OraSoft was charging us.

We also recently acquired a new company in Germany that is running on SAP, so as a global corporation we have divisons running on World (India and Thailand), OneWorld XE (North America, South America, China, Korea, Western Europe), Oracle Financials (our global electronics business) AND SAP (new german subdivision).

I have to chuckle to think that the JDE system that I'm the CNC for is now being supported by SAP. Can you say mixed up, jumbled up world?

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America

We just received this from TomorrowNow:

January 19, 2005

Dear valued TomorrowNow client;

TomorrowNow, Inc. is pleased to announce that we have been acquired by SAP as of January 19, 2005. As a member of the SAP family we will continue to provide you with the same world class service you’ve come to expect from us.

Below you will find an FAQ which will answer many of your questions. We will be communicating with you continuously as more details are made available.

1. Does this acquisition change anything in my contract?

No. All contracts remain in place and all commitments will be met and your expectations exceeded.

2. Does this change my primary support engineer or contact information?

No. Please continue to work with your existing named Primary Support Engineer, As always, I encourage you to contact me, others on our executive team, and other TomorrowNow support representatives, with any questions you may have.

3. Will I be required to buy SAP products to continue support?

No. We are pleased to be able to offer you the possibility of moving to SAP products, but will not be requiring any commitment to do so

4. Will TomorrowNow, Inc. continue to exist, or am I now an SAP customer?

TomorrowNow will continue to exist as a stand alone entity within the SAP family of companies. While the internal operational details are still being worked out, TomorrowNow’s relationship with you should not change.

5. What opportunities does this acquisition offer clients?

TomorrowNow will now be able to quickly expand our maintenance & support offerings for your PeopleSoft and JDE products, backed by SAP’s world class global infrastructure.
Ultimately, SAP’s Safe Passage program will allow PeopleSoft licensees smoother upgrades to SAP products for customer’s who choose to do so. Please visit the SAP website at: http://www.sap.com/usa/company/safepassage.aspx ; for more information about this exciting offering.

6. Does this change the length of support TomorrowNow offers for PeopleSoft Enterprise or JDE EnterpriseOne or World products?

No. We will continue to meet all contractual commitments.

7. What about current SAP customers who also run JDE and PeopleSoft products?

SAP is offering the Safe Passage program. Please visit the SAP website at: http://www.sap.com/usa/company/safepassage.aspx ; for more information about this exciting offering.

We are excited by the possibilities by being a member of the SAP family. We believe that our clients will receive the significant benefits of SAP’s more comprehensive and global support infrastructure while retaining the most experienced people, processes, and methodologies for third party PeopleSoft maintenance and support. With SAP’s investment in TomorrowNow we will be able to continuously expand and improve our service offerings.

If you have additional question we encourage you to contact your TomorrowNow Support Representative or a member of our executive team. We thank you for being a TomorrowNow client and look forward to working with you for many years to come.

Sincerely,

Andrew Nelson
TomorrowNow Inc.
Tel: (979) 595-1394
Fax: (979) 595-1301
[email protected]

Gregg

How can TomorrowNow support EnterpriseOne without the system source code? How will you get any new service packs (Tools Releases)? Just curious.

Patty

Well how do you think they did it before? Do you think Peoplesoft "gave" them everything knowing that this company's primary focus was taking customers from them at one-half the maintenance/support cost?

This company will act as a stand alone entity of SAP. This will also give TN the capability to move globally a lot more quickly than they were headed. It was a smart move on both of their parts and even smarter that they didn't let anyone leak it.

If you look deeply into TN you're find talented and focused people who WILL support all phases of JDEPSO. With Nigel on their team...well lets just say we've had them for quite a while, we're sticking with them.

Gregg

How can TomorrowNow support EnterpriseOne without the system source code?
Excellent question - can't wait to find out myself! :)

How will you get any new service packs (Tools Releases)? Just curious.

Since we are locking ourselves in to XE, there won't be any new service packs. Let's just hope nothing breaks. I'm told that the plan is to write around busted system code, whatever that means. Again, time will tell.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America

To quote the Guinness Draft commercial...

Brilliant!

Not only did they kill some of the Oracle buzz, not only have they provided leverage for us old JDE Users (provide us with good support or we're going to SAP), but they also made SAP a player for the hearts and minds (and business) of old JD Edwards users...Brilliant!

Back