E9.1 Put a Location on Hold - Not Lot Specific

richchipper

Well Known Member
From what I can see, I cannot flag a location only as on hold. I can flag a lot as on hold and a lot location as on hold.

Let me walk you through a couple of scenarios and see if you can think of a solution we can use:

• Certain SKU’s always need to be reworked when they arrive. We have not set up a rework SKU for the items because it’s something simple like an address sticker. However, inventory that is in a REWORK location should not be seen as available if I am reviewing inventory to order from the warehouse.

• Inventory is returned from a customer at a store to location RTRN. The good inventory is moved back to the default shipping locations. So, the inventory in RTRN is basically bad inventory. It may pile up until it’s cost effective to send it back to the warehouse. But, the system considers it good inventory.

I tried using the R41082 program using an expiration date in the way future and limited the location. However, all the inventory was put on hold.

We could go in and put every lot/location record on hold. But, that’s a long process (and if done incorrectly can be a problem). And if I remember right, I have to release it from the hold before I can move it to another location.

Are there any recommendations that anyone has to help?

Hi Richchipper, I suggest you a solution which could work : I think you could create both secondary locations (REWORK and RTRN) for each item/branch with the LOCATION status to non blank value. So, each time you enter stock into one of two locations, it will be hold (event managed by lot)! The drawback is to add these two hold locations for all considered stock item/branch .. Mathieu

Thanks for replying. Where do I change that location status?

You can even setup processing options of inventory adjustments program P4114 and the EDI r47121 to allow from held lots . Any LOTS <> Blank is considered hold . We do in our system as quarantine QC and other locations and we do transfer in them and then out of them as they are approved released for sell .

Okay, unless I'm not seeing it correctly, I see that your solution works on a product by product basis. What I'm looking for is that no matter what gets put into that location, it goes on hold. So, if any of our 10,000 SKU's moves to location RTRN, the lot goes on hold automatically.

Okay, unless I'm not seeing it correctly, I see that your solution works on a product by product basis. What I'm looking for is that no matter what gets put into that location, it goes on hold. So, if any of our 10,000 SKU's moves to location RTRN, the lot goes on hold automatically.
That location say XX can be put on a LOTS for all the time . You can receive it say in your active location/locations , have something which will move for those items , may be by a class or subclass or some cat code and data select , use the functions as P4114 using MBF to move from active to hold location to affect your availability and not allow to sell . Even if a new item branch is created and the first time this moves happen , it will create that location . Then as others said , have a UBE to select for that location and put on LOTS <. Blank if blank and run on scheduler , we do the same too

Hi, went through the thread here. Seem all solutions provided are accurate. I would second all of the above solutions. They are most appropriate in your case.

Consider lot status group into your solution to selectively allow some transactions — example a lot is placed on hold but now you want to have a “rework work order commuting to that location”

Back