Sales Order for Consignation

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I would like to get suggestion on how to do this possible scenario at my current workplace. The current company, has clients, where they sell inventory items in the fall season (Ship the items and invoice them at 0$) but on which they will charge the client in the following spring season depending on the market price (Will Invoice them in the spring and define the selling price at that time).

Also, that make things more complicated, when they ship them the stock in the fall season, they still want to consider the stock, part of the company inventory but when the client will pay the stock in the spring, to deduct officially the inventory at that time.

How I can setup this with P4210, P4205 while using the status? Any tips?

Thanks.

One World XE

Hi,
Could use a Branch/Plant dedicated to the customer (one per customer or one for consignment and one location per cusotmer for example).
Make a Transfert Order (either ST/OT or IT), with stock movement but no invoice is issued (run a specific version of Sales Update).
Once customer pays, ship confim with P4205. Price Effectivity date can be done agains the shipment date, so run a R42950 to recalculate the price before invoicing.
cheers
naej

If you have many customer like that,
create one CONS(ignment) B/P and use the 'control segmentation' functionnality for locations in the constants. Use AN8 in the specify location segment.

Results : locations will have the AN8 of the customer where goods are in consignation. Just transfer (IT) or ST/OT to that location. Inventory will be OK and you will know where the goods are !

Back