E9.2 Sales order creation with multiple product lines.

piyushsrivastave

Hey Everyone,

I am new to JD Edwards - therefore, you will notice I am not using JDE terminology.
Our Integration team is integrating Sales process between CRM(Dynamics365) and JDE(9.1). A part of the process is to convert Quote to the Sales Order. When the user converts a quote to sale order - information transmits to JDE9.1. The Sale Order creation process is ok when a small number of project lines are in the order. However, when we increase the product lines to say 50+; the entire process takes a long time. I was told that JDE inserts one product at a time to the order, and the process doesn't support any concurrent inserts. Therefore, if adding a product takes five seconds, then 50 products will take 5 x 50 to complete.

I am wondering if this is the right behaviour and is there a better way to handle large orders.

We use Rinami's Cantara to perform JDE operations.

Many Thanks
Piyush Srivastava

Why dont you populate in EDI F47011 and F47012 and then fire the vanilla R47011 and take care . We do a lot of EDI with many trading partners and with our ecommerce . We also use a lot of BSSV for services to create sales orders , pricing display on B2B and we have no issues with large orders .

You can also populate the F4706 with shipping information as well (linking together with EDI batch, document, type, line and Document key Co).

We used to use this to import sales orders but that was a long time ago...like 15 years ago.

Thank you @Mike Mackinnon @jdedwardsuser
The problem is that we use an application layer to interact with JDE. The company claims that the sales order creation process is aligned with JDE. However, I will explore the option to build a custom API based on your suggestions.

Hi, another suggestion would be using the AIS (Application Interface Services Server) and Orchestrator to build this integration. Orchestrator is available on 9.1 Tools Release, there's no extra fees, and it relies on the applications, by running it behind the scenes. The idea is to get the output from Dynamics as JSON and consume it in a single call. We are able to create both header and detail for a Sales Order.

I am sure Orchestrator /REST is not available on 9.1 tools .It comes from 9.2 tools release onwards

Good Morning!

Between 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm, we have peak sales orders from different sales channels, we process more than 5,000 orders during the aforementioned period.
These orders are downloaded into folders in files in the text format.
We created an application that reads the contents of text files and populates the EDI F47 tables ....
We schedule the various versions of EDI applications (obeying some criteria to avoid collisions), which run for 3 and 3 minutes.

Performance is very high, as we need to close all billing until 10 pm, this works perfectly.

Back