sales order and payment terms with discount

scaz

Hello to everybody:
I don't know how to manage this issue.
You enter a sales order to a customer that has a payment terms with discount in the Address Book.
If I execute the R42565-print invoice after all sales standard process, I don't see the amount of the discount in the invoice report. I know that the system calculate this amount after the Sales Update and if I inquiry the invoice in Financials I see this financial discount.
My question is:
Can I see the amount of the financial discount in Sales?
Can I print the invoice with the financial discount?
How you manage this issue?

I hope that somebody can tell me something about this.
Thank in advance.
Best Regards
scaz

There's a processing option in Invoice Print (R42565/P42565) to print the
discount amount. As you indicate the amount is calculated and is not stored
until after Sales Update is run.

Andy Klee

Hi Scaz,
this may be an interpretation issue, as the discount on the payment terms is an early settlement discount NOT a sales discount for volume/channel etc.
It is usually assigned through the contract with the customer....

Just to be clear, the customer ONLY gets this if they pay early. As such it not advisable to have it always "given" to the customer.
If you want to "always" give it then use advanced pricing terms (or similar) for this type of discount.
To get around late payment, you will have to use charges back to the customer for late payment, but from experience they really dont like being charged "extra".

I hope this helps

Warm regards

Peter

PS which release are you on?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but there is a processing option, T42565, on the PRINT tab that, if set, instructs the program to show the discount available. I'd try there first. It will print on the Footer Break. The code clearly states that if the processing option is set, show the Discount Available report variable. If not, hide it.
We've completely re-written our invoice so ours breaks on Order Number. Can't even remember what the original does...

Mike Kissel
XE SP20 AS400

Mike,
thanks for reminding me about that too !

Oh and yes it does print [smile] - although my version says "Math numeric" for the available discount....

Cheers

Peter

Hello Peter:
Thanks for your information.
I have set up an advanced payment terms with the discount that I needed and It has worked OK
When I have executed the print invoice before the sales update and the amount of the available discount appears in the report and the data in Financials are OK.

Thanks again.
scaz.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email protected] en nombre de peterban
Enviado el: jue 11/12/2003 20:23
Para: Caballero Azofra, Sara
CC:
Asunto: Re: sales order and payment terms with discount

peterban contestó a tu mensaje en: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=65289

Hi Scaz,
this may be an interpretation issue, as the discount on the payment terms is an early settlement discount NOT a sales discount for volume/channel etc.
It is usually assigned through the contract with the customer....

Just to be clear, the customer ONLY gets this if they pay early. As such it not advisable to have it always "given" to the customer.
If you want to "always" give it then use advanced payment terms (or similar) for this type of discount.
To get around late payment, you will have to use charges back to the customer for late payment, but from experience they really dont like being charged "extra".

I hope this helps

Warm regards

Peter

PS which release are you on?

Hello Mike:
Thanks for the information.
In the PRINT tab I had set up the option to print the available discount but it doen't work.
I have changed the payment terms of the customer, I have set up a new advanced payment terms and the amount of the available discount appears in the print invoice.

Thanks again.
Best Regards
scaz

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email protected] en nombre de GuitarMan
Enviado el: jue 11/12/2003 20:39
Para: Caballero Azofra, Sara
CC:
Asunto: Re: sales order and payment terms with discount

GuitarMan contestó a tu mensaje en: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=65291

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but there is a processing option, T42565, on the PRINT tab that, if set, instructs the program to show the discount available. I'd try there first. It will print on the Footer Break. The code clearly states that if the processing option is set, show the Discount Available report variable. If not, hide it.
We've completely re-written our invoice so ours breaks on Order Number. Can't even remember what the original does...

Mike Kissel
XE SP20 AS400

Back