Run a UBE From the Portal

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
Does anyone know how this can be done from the Portal Workspace or using any other method using a portal component?

The word from PeopleSoft is that it may be possible to do this from the Portal Workspace. However they do not support it and the PeopleSoft contact had no information on it. The contact also mentioned that it was highly likely that there will be something available in a future release.

I believe that it would be possible to run UBE's from the Portal by wrapping them, specifically or generically, in a custom application. Has anyone done this?

It is possible to run a UBE via OW menus reproduced in the portal. However we do not wish to go that way (that is a another story).

Here's a thought - for some of your developers that are a little web savvy and know how to run command-line commands from any web interface...

Remember - that RUNUBE can be run from the server, you just need to find the correct way to get the command from the portal to the ES.

For a web or Java guy - the actual mechanics can't be that hard: - a button that runs the RUNUBE on the back end of the ES... can't be that difficult? We build PHP code all the time that runs CGI, Perl, Python commands on the server....

db

Thanks for the info, I'll see if we can give a go.

I'm still interested in any other suggestions/commemnts.

Back