Report footer without page break

srinatherp

srinatherp

hi everyone!!

i suppose everyone knows that we cannot print any constants of a report footer at the end of last page. it is designed to print in the next page. so i am using this conditional section and calling it in the main section's end section. so the value gets printed after the last value is printed. so it will print in the middle of the page sometimes. so how can i print it at the end of the page?

The only way I can think of to print at the bottom of the page is to place the objects in a Page Footer section. Have you tried any of the following?

Method 1
1. Alpha variables in the page footer section
2. Populate in the main section's end section event

Method 2
1. Constants in the page footer section
2. Use the Hide Object system function in the main section's initialize section event to hide the constants.
3. Use the Display Object system function in the main section's end section event to display the objects.

Method 3 (if the report does not need a page footer)
1. Constants in the page footer section
2. Use the Hide Section system function in the main section's initialize section event to hide the page footer section.
3. Use the Display Section system function in the main section's end section event to display the page footer section.

I am not certain if Hide Section and Display Section system functions can be used with Page Footer sections.

Please let me know if any of these methods meet your needs.

Brad

thanks brad but it doesnt work that way... i need it to print it in the last page page footer section

Create a new group section, do not attach a business view. Make this section conditional.

Insert all the fields that you require to be displayed at the bottom of the final page. Using the do section in the event rules to manipulate the output values.

Then at the end section of your driver section, call your new custom section.

Hope this helps
Aidy

Back
Top Bottom