Report challenges

msouterblight1

VIP Member
As I am trying to learn the toolset, I was wondering if anyone could suggest the location or knows of somewhere that I can get some ideas for real world report specs that would allow me to learn the development toolset. It's hard for me to think of reports to write, as I have no idea what the business people would want or need.
The JDE Manuals have no exercizes... I hate that...

Matthew Scott
XE, SP 17.1, AS/400, Win2000 Logic Servers, Win2000 Term. Servers, Win2000 Java Servers, Central Objects in Oracle.

I would start with good old Address Book; there are a lot of reports there, just go to that module, and play!
Another nice place to go would be the Financials! See the Charter of Accounts, a Balance Sheet, an Income Statement, ...
The same could apply to A/R, A/P, then Distribution reports.
And why not playing with tools? What about a report based on Data Dictionary Items, Glossary, Specs.
I guess you'll feel the need to get into Interactive Applications, too (it happened to me, you know) and once you have an idea about designing objects, that is Data Structures (Processing Options included), Tables, Business Views, you will finally get some training on Developemnt Tools, the sky being the limit.
And do not, I repeat DO NOT leave this List, ever!
Warm regards,
Adrian Chimirel

Xe U3 SP17, Oracle 806, Citrix, HTML, FormScape 2.1 Ent RS/6000, AIX 4.2, Dep NT4

Thanks for the help, so I should just start pulling in data, and see what I come up with? As far as leaving the list, that thought never crossed my mind. I have done CNC for so long, development is the next step.

Matthew Scott
XE, SP 17.1, AS/400, Win2000 Logic Servers, Win2000 Term. Servers, Win2000 Java Servers, Central Objects in Oracle.

Matthew,
If you want to practice, get copies of current reports the BIG guys in your company use and replicate those reports on your own. I assume your company is live now so don't just copy the reports, re-invent them and ask those people if they could use anything else on that report to help them in their job. You may get a few smiles.
Good luck to you,
Dave

SQL 7.0 SP1, AS400, One World XE, Citrix 1.8

Why not just take your companys Invoice and creat it in One World.

Make a Copy of R42565 and Make your adjustments on the copy !

Dont forget to copy The Processing Option as well.

Good Luck

Regards

This makes me wonder. When we copy a report together with the Processing Option, the whole system will hang. Do you all get this problem?

We have to workaround this issue by copying the Processing Option seperately and changing the values in the Report Template.

OneWorld XE B7333 SP16, INTEL WIN2000 SP2, SQL 7.0 SP2

Nope never had that problem
Copy a Ube together with a PO has never caused Problems for me.

Wierd

Have you tried to Install Update 4 or SP 18 ?
Perhaps that sovle your Problem

Good luck

Yeah. Will keep you upated on this issue. It's indeed a very energy and time consuming task, especially on big reports!

Thanks.

OneWorld XE B7333 SP16, INTEL WIN2000 SP2, SQL 7.0 SP2

This problem rings a bell with me. I definately remember having it at one site I worked at. If I recall it started happening after they installed SP16 and was fixed when they installed SP16.1. If I remember SP16 introduced a few bugs in ERW too. Wasn't that the SP which introduced the Page Break After and Conditional section mix up bug on report sections?

Jane.
OneWorld XE Various SPs.
Various platforms and DBs!

Back