Reg: Supplier Price/Catalog file

Mpeter

Well Known Member
Dear all,

I have been entering the data in the file Supplier Price/Catalog file based on the quantity.

Ex. Itm Quantity Purchase price An8
T1 0 22.00 4360
T1 10 21.00 4360
T1 100 20.00 4360
T1 1000 19.75 4360

Now as i undesrtood when the we create a Purchase Order based on the above item with supplier as 4360, it should pick based on the quantity ordered based on the above defined conditions.

But instead it always considers the value from the F4105.

The standard cost(COLEDG =07) of the Item in f4105 is 23.00 and it always considers this.

Do i need to change any set up? Please let me know your valueable suggestions.

Thanks
Mark peter
One World XE.
AS/400 , WorldSoft (A7.3)

Have you changed the item's Purchase Price Level to 1 (Supplier/Item Level) or 2 (Supplier/Item/Branch Level) instead of 3 (Inventory Cost Level) in P4101?

Nancy,

Thanks for your response.

I could find the option with some research.

Its the same which you have asked me.

At this point of time I have only one question.

The above option works perfectly when I enetered a New item but when I tried changing for an exsting item -
there is an error:

A purchase price level update is not allowed if price record exist.

Resolution(it says): Change the level of the Item Purchase by P418161 conversion program.

Do you think this is because of the Open purchase orders and Open Sale orders?

Please let me know your views.

Thanks in advance,

Mark peter
One World (XE)

Hi Mark,

I don't think this error is related to Open purchase order or Open sales order. The program (P418161) you mentioned does not existed in my DEMO, please confirm.

Nancy,

You are correct -
The program doesnot exist in my demo too but the resolutions indicates this program number.

In addition Its just only a guess that because of the Open purchase orders it is not allowing me to change the purchase level.

Also how can we change the purchase level to 1 from 3.
Any work around for the existing items ( Stock based).

Thanks
Mark.

Nancy,

With a little bit of research I found that - the error given by one world is bit mis leading - i.e to change the Prurchase price level thro P418161... instead it should give us change the level thro the R418161. This is basicallty a report to change the level of revisions.

With this Batch we can change the
1) Inventory Cost Level
2) sales price level

But unfortunately it seems like we cannot change the Purchase Price Level.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Will keep you posted if i have any info and waiting for your valueable suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Peter

Hi Mark,

I tried many times and finally met the error you mentioned.

Your error message only appears when item Purchase Price Level changing from 2(Supplier/Item/Branch Level) to 1(Supplier/Item), not 3 to 1. This error is only appearing when you have already set supplier/item/branch for the item.

In this case, you could:
1. Delete the supplier/item/branch price in P41061.
2. Change the item Supplier/Item/Branch Level from 2 to 1.
3. Add a new supplier/item price in P41061.

I did not find a batch report that can help you to do it. There are only two batch reports to help you to change the Item cost level and Item sales Price level.

R41815 Item cost level conversion
R41816 Item sales price level conversion

Hope this helps.

Nancy,

Thanks for your response.I will try the procedure you mentioned and will let you know the results.

Thanks!
Mark

Back