Quest 2005 News

I definitely thought this conference was much better than the last one - Oracle's participation makes a big difference, and that CD is certainly worth having.

Oracle really wants customers on XE to move to 8.11. They talked about it in their overview session and had a session specifically focused on "why move to 8.11 now." But it sounds like the smart thing to do would be to wait until SP1 for 8.11 is out later this year, since it's already in the works and is largely focused on performance improvements. Also, they revealed that only 4 customers are currently on 8.11 with just 25 in the process of implementing it.

One thing of interest to me was the information on some of the new technologies that will be available with the 8.95 tools release, such as an operational dashboard, XML publisher, and Daily BI. They're taking an interesting approach with BI, I think, in that they are running it on the transaction processing system with the promise that you can drill down from the dashboard into transaction details and fix problems directly from the dashboard.

I also attended a worthwhile session that had some very detailed information on performing the upgrade from XE to 8.XX with several gotchas and tips and another session on RFID that was informative. If anyone's interested in the details of those, let me know.

I wasn't able to attend the tech session you guys are talking about - what did they say about jdelist?

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't able to attend the tech session you guys are talking about - what did they say about jdelist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shelly,

they did a couple of polls in the Tech general session. They polled releases (at least half were World, close to half were XE, one or two on ERP 8, one on 8.9 (they called themselves the "walking wounded" LOL), one on 8.10, none on 8.11 (I guess those guys are still too busy Beta Testing that release for the rest of us to attend Quest...)).

They then did another poll and asked how many people on the room were JDElisters. Most were. They then asked the frequent posters to stand as they listed their screen names.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

[ QUOTE ]
Wholy Cow! Now I'm going to kick myself all the way to Kuna, that I didn't go. If those docs sound out, what a Gold Mine!

[/ QUOTE ]

The good news is that the content is posted online! It can be found on customer connection.

Upgrade Information
Customer Connection --> Implement, Optimize & Upgrade --> Upgrade Guide --> JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Upgrade Information

I posted this link before.....but did not get any responses.

I had a great time at Quest Global although I could only stay for the SIG day.

Michael,

Thanks! It's a valuable source of information.

Much appreciated!

Back