Purchasing Buyer Requestor data

DRezanka

DRezanka

Reputable Poster
Hi,

I've noticed that the way the Buyer and Requestor (Ordered By) columns (fields) behave in World and OneWorld Xe don't seem to act like their descriptions. The Buyer field data is retained as the Requisition is generated into a PO. The Ordered By field data is changed from the user that created the Requisition to the user that Generated the PO.

We need to have a field that retains the Buyer and Requestor throughout this process. Could anyone tell us how you handle this? Is the field Order Taken By static?

Thanx
Doug

This is the ages old flaw in JDE procurement that we had hoped would be fixed in OneWorld. What I have done in the past is join two versions of the F4310 (or F4311) table together; however, not even THIS is an easy task, as the document number is numeric and the "original" document number is formatted as character. I convert the DOCO on the second table to character and link it to the OORN of the first table. I am then able to produce queries or reports that have both the person who generated the requisition and who generated the PO available if needed.

This is a functional, not an elegant solution and I am open to ANY other ways to skin this cat (so to speak)...

Back
Top Bottom