Purchase Approval Process Question

Miguel Verde

I am having trouble understanding how the F4209 Table works. Before posting, I did a fair amount of research, even looked at the ER Code in the "Works with orders awaiting approval" form. I eventually found this link that talks about the Purchase Approval Process.

I need to write an SQL query that will return all orders that have been approved (within a certain date range of course). Based on the Event Rules, I thought I could just pull all Purchase Orders that have a record with HOASTS="3N" but the link I provided stated that 3N records get erased when the originator deletes a message. Is there a certain status code in F4301 (PO Header) or some other field that can be used to determine if an order has been approved or not?

Also, does anyone know if the Purchase Order Approval Process changes from ERP 8.0 to ERP E1? We are on JD Edwards 8.0 but will be upgrading to E1.

So just to clarify, im just trying to find a way to determine whether or not a Purchase Order has been Approved.

Thanks

Hi Miguel

Status '3N' should give you all orders that have been approved. The other way is to look at PDNXTR on F4311, if it is greater than or equal to processing option 2 (Process Tab) on processing options for P43801 - then the order has been approved and moved on statuses.

Hope this helps.

I am a functional guy, but can help with part of this as I implemented PO Approval in 8.11. In 8.9 there were significant changes to PO Approval. See the attached white paper.

Attachments

• 143722-89 Approval Processing Changes.doc
    336.5 KB · Views: 338
Thanks for the help.

First, the easier method would seem to look at the F4209 Table and check statuses of "3N" as Sati stated. However, the link to the documentation I provided in my first post (Section: Purchase Order is Rejected, Amended, then Approved) states that "3N" just means that there is a message waiting for the Originator and that if the PO is rejected by any of the approvers, the last record will have "3N", but the message the user sees in P43081 is a "rejected" message, so it seems that a value of "3N" could signify a rejected or approved PO.

Second, I looked into the Process Options for P43081. Our process options are "Awaiting Approval Status=105", "Approved Status=110" and "Rejected Status=100". However, when I look at orders that are "waiting approval" and "approved", I am not seeing a pattern. In P43081, some orders that are "approved" have a PDNXTR value of 440, 105 and 999. Also, orders that are listed as "waiting approval" have a PDNXTR value of 105 or 400. I am sure if I looked up a few more, I would find other inconsistencies. To my knowledge, we don't have any routing issues, so I am sure the approval routing is functioning correctly.

Unless I am not understanding something correctly, I would be very afraid to rely on 3N or the PDNXTR values because they seem to be very inconsistent or have multiple meanings.

Stats, thanks for the White Papers, it will be really helpful when we upgrade.

Upon further research, I believe I have a better understanding of how the Purchasing Process works. I mistakenly thought that after an order was approved, PDNXTR ceased being updated. After looking at PDNXTR statuses I mentioned earlier, I know that they indicate "Receipts", "Vouchers" etc etc.

I want to thank everyone for their help, I beleive I have enough information to accomplish the task.

Back