E9.2 Programming language used to develop Eone 9.2??

• Thread starter Md Nurullah Rumi
  • Start date
Md Nurullah Rumi

Md Nurullah Rumi

Hi everyone. I am new to develop JD EOne 9.2. I want to know which language is used to develop the EOne 9.2. Thanks advance

Hi everyone. I am new to develop JD EOne 9.2. I want to know which language is used to develop the EOne 9.2. Thanks advance

NER ( Named Event Rules)
C

The NER will be converted to C code while compiling. You can check the installation folder C:\Eyyy\DV812\source to see those files, where yyy is the version number.

In addition to Named Event Rules and C, you can also use Java for SOAP web services, as well as Groovy, Ruby, or Python, for scripting in orchestrations.

NER ( Named Event Rules)
C

The NER will be converted to C code while compiling. You can check the installation folder C:\Eyyy\DV812\source to see those files, where yyy is the version number.
Thanks for your reply. But is java used to develop different components in enterpriseone?? If yes would you tell me in which areas java is used??

I'll expand just a little to what has been posted. Like most developer jobs you really need to be a polyglot programmer.

A JDE Developer can expect to use the following

* Proprietary design tools and programming language. You will build things like database tables, applications with a UI, reports and batch processes as well as re-useable components like functions (in JDE called "Business Functions"). Something called Event Rules or ER code is the very high level proprietary programming language used across all of the proprietary tools including Business Functions.

* For Business Functions you can also use the C programming language. You will use primarily proprietary APIs and libraries provided by JDE but C being an open standard programming language opens up a lot of possibilities and overcomes a lot of the short-comings of creating Business Functions in the JDE proprietary language ER as well a providing access to a whole host of APIs and options not available in ER code.

* Interoperability part 1: there is something called "Business Services" that uses the Java programming language that is used to build SOAP best Web Services and consume Web Services. But honestly, Business Services are really kind of an older solution and is being replaced with a more proprietary solution. Still, Java being an open source language, opens a plethora of possibilities to solve problems so Business Services can still be a viable option depending on what you are trying to do - you don't have to use it just to develop SOAP based Web Services or consume Web Services as was the primary use case. You can call a Business Service from a C Business Function so if what you are trying to do can't easily be done in C and can easily be done in Java...

* Interoperability part 2: Something called Orchestrator is replacing Business Services and allows you to create REST based Web Services as well as consume Web Services. However, this has use beyond just interoperability so me calling it "Interoperability Part 2" is probably misleading... its just that it is considered the replacement for Business Services. This is getting more into the low code, visual design area of development that you may have seen elsewhere (something like Boomi comes to mind as an example). Part of it is proprietary (the low code/no code visual design part) but it also allows you to do more advanced things in open standard languages like Groovy and Java although from what I have observed the Orchestration gurus seem to prefer Groovy over Java. Again, being open source languages, this opens the door to a lot of possibilities.

* In newer JDE releases something called Form Extensions are another set of proprietary development tools that allow you to customize, do business logic, etc. on existing applications built using the very first mentioned proprietary development tools "on the glass". Basically allowing you to do light development strictly using a Web Browser.

* Additionally JDE developers are going to need other related developer skills to augment the officially supported technologies in JDE. Things like SQL skills or scripting skills in something like JavaScript or Python. Additionally you may expect to do development completely outside the JDE Toolset or in conjunction with it.

Back