Problem with layout in Report when submitt in CSV.

sreenu

Hi

i am working on R41543 report,it is item ledger\general ledger integrity report.
On submitting the report in CSV,the format of header part( objects Extended price,Doc type,...etc) is not in an organised way.I can say that 'Doc' and 'Type' of DocType are separated by two blank lines,similarly for the others objects on the report.
when the report is in Pdf format its layout is fine.i would like to know the reason behind this.Whether i require to change any settings,or i have to modify the layout.I need assistance in solving this problem.

I am attaching the layout(header part) of the Excel sheet of report.I think this will help to see through it.

Thanks in advance

Srinivas

Attachments

• 112067-report.xls
    13.5 KB · Views: 116
Hi Srinivas,

You need to align your variables in a single line. For example I found that the top line of column headings were not in a single line. They look randomly.And in the same way keep the bottom line of column headings in the same line. This will eliminate the spaces b/n column heading.

Goodluck

If you are not concerned about your pdf output, set the Grid Alignment – Horizontal to 52 spaces, and algin each of your columns to fit these horizontal grids. Columns may overlap in RDA but you will get it right on csv output.

Cheers

Srinivas,

You are going to find this with just about all JDE reports with complex layouts. They just don't convert well to CSV. There is really no easy way around it. It is a selling point for Oracle that you are "able" to export any report to excel. Well that's not the case unless you like are garbage spreadsheet. I have also found depending on the edit code you use on a numeric column it won't even show when in CSV mode. If I run into a situation where the user really wants the report to be in excel all the time I will copy it to a custom ube and remove all headings etc, or just don't make them visable and align the columns as you need in an excel format. Then if they still want it in PDF they use the JDE version, otherwise use the custom one. It is quite simple to do just more custom code to maintain. - Angelis

If both the layout of the report output to PDF and proper CSV output are important, why not create a report UBE for the PDF output and in it call a table conversion UBE that you have created for the CSV output. If may seem like more work at first blush but it is usually much less problematic and faster.

Back