Problem with Financial Row Report

kiran4hari

kiran4hari

Well Known Member
hi,

i am working on a FinancialRow Report, i have a requirement in which i need to display company name and mcu description. but i want level break and page Break on MCU (i dont want level break on Company), sequencing is on Company and MCU. but when i do this "i am unable to see the company name" let me know how to achieve this, i dont want level break on company, but i want to display it, (i cant add a single variable row with mcu, neither it wont work with a custom section)

let me know how to achieve this, is this really possible or not?

Thanks
Kiran

Hi Kiran,

Yes there are several ways you can achieve this, depending on how you want to display it.

If you want to see:

Company MCU MCU_Description Values

ie, all on one line for each job, then all you need to do is insert the company from the business view. You can get the MCU description to print by going to the section properties. On the 'Financial' tab, there are two check boxes, 'Financial Descriptions' and 'with keys'. Check both of these, and the 'Description field will print the job and it's description (make sure you make it big enough to take both (diplay length=42).

You can also check the 'Print Only on Change' data item property on the Company column, and it will only print each time it changes.

You can use the 'Associate Description' option from the Edit menu and you'll get the description too.

If you want it to display:

Company
Job1
Job2

Then the only way I know to achieve that is with a level break.

Jane. :)

Thanks Jane for your reply,

but as i said i am using financial row reports, unlike financial reports the check boxes for financial description and with keys are disabled, i cant check them, and the solution you gave will work if i want to display the company name with each job, but i want to display as

Companydescription
mcudescription
row1
row2
etc...

hi, i have another doubt, i can use with keys option with financial reports but i am unable to use this option in finanancial row reports(the checkbox is disabled). is there any way to apply with keys property to all the rows?????????

Hari

Hi Kiran,

Yes there are several ways you can achieve this, depending on how you want to display it.

If you want to see:

Company MCU MCU_Description Values

ie, all on one line for each job, then all you need to do is insert the company from the business view. You can get the MCU description to print by going to the section properties. On the 'Financial' tab, there are two check boxes, 'Financial Descriptions' and 'with keys'. Check both of these, and the 'Description field will print the job and it's description (make sure you make it big enough to take both (diplay length=42).

You can also check the 'Print Only on Change' data item property on the Company column, and it will only print each time it changes.

You can use the 'Associate Description' option from the Edit menu and you'll get the description too.

If you want it to display:

Company
Job1
Job2

Then the only way I know to achieve that is with a level break.

Jane. :)

Back