Posting Edit Code and R09801/R42800

ssolberg

VIP Member
Tell me this isn't true because Oracle says things are working as designed. Here are the issues that I recently had happen and actually have nothing to do with each other but have the same result.

R42800 - Had a user notice that an order had not gone through that he would have thought should have by now. I ran R42800 on it and indeed, it just came up with a blank report that it didn't create a batch, but also did not indicate any error. In looking at the Work Center, indeed, it tells me that "posting edit code does not allow posting..." but give NO indication WHAT account has a problem and/or the AAI that is being used to get the acccount. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TELL ME THE ACCCOUNT NUMBER WITH THE PROBLEM! It took me forever to figure out what account what the problem since the order had lots of lines on it.

R09801 - Users says a voucher batch won't post. Sure enough, report is telling them "posting edit code does not allow posting" but DOESN'T TELL ME THE ACCOUNT. Work Center says the same thing. So I have to go query the batch to get the account # so we can post it.

Am I asking for too much that the report tell us the REAL problem? We came from the World product and I quite positive that the reports for both of these told us the account # with a problem. How disappointing.

I can sympathize with your findings. We have the same experience with R42800 from time to time. The account number with errors is never given directly in the report. The account number errors are in the work center. This particular error is very hard to locate. Thankfully, most of our invoices have very few lines. I usually run the R42800 with debug on and find the troublesome account in the log file by doing a find on jdeerr. If you go back up a few pages in the log file prior to the error, the full account is usually shown. For me it's quicker than tracing down each account constructed from each AAI. It's still a pain though!

Amy A.
EnterpriseOne 8.12
Tools 8.98.3.1
OAS
Oracle 11g
AIX 6.1

Back