Portal on OAS install questions

msouterblight1

VIP Member
Ok, another new question...

We are in the process of configuring Portal on OAS. We have generated the WebClient_Oracle_Portal.war file on the generation system, but the Portal guide does not mention where we should copy this to on our Portal server. Also, the guide makes no mention of how to access the jde portal after the Provider is registered. What URL should I use to access the Portal?

I know JAS on OAS is working as I can hit the URL, log in, and run applications.

Thanks

I answered my own questions...

1. You don't copy it to the system at all, you deploy it to the Portal from the generation system.

2. URL is <portal server>:<portal port>/jde..

I beleive for OAS,

You have to logon to Manager Console to start the services.

1. Log on to http://<server name>:<port> (usually the port number is 18100)
2. While prompting for the password, enter the username as ias_admin and the password you used while the installation.
3. It will show the available services.
4. Start the service you installed (your default application will be jasapp).
5. The on the browser enter
http://<server name>:<port>/jde/owhtml to get into JDE.

<port> will be port no you used to install.

Hope this helps.

Hi, Maybe you can shed some light on the E1 portal install for me.

I am in the process of configuring portal and am struggling with the available documentation.

We currently run JAS on OAS but because of the extra OAS components for the E1 portal that are specified on the MTRs I am setting this up on a new server and install of OAS.

I have installed OAS infrastructure and then OAS as suggested on the MTRs so I have ended up with two Oracle homes. Then I created my own test portlet using f.d.a and generated the WebClient_Oracle_Portal.war. I deployed the .war but I can not see anything on the mentioned URL.

I used the OAS Portal Builder application in Enterprise Manager to deploy my .war and I can not see how to deploy it from the generation machine. Are you using the portlet\egenerator for the deployment?

Also, I can see the deployed .war and my new portlet in the Portal Builder application but when I try and add the portlet to a new page I see nothing.

From what I found in the documentation I was under the impression that the WebClient_Oracle_Portal.war is enough, however, this on its own does not provide for jas\jdbj.ini settings or any db connections.

Do I need to have JAS installed on the OAS portal server as well as deploying the WebClient_Oracle_Portal.war?

If the JAS server needs to be installed as well which Oracle home should be choosen during the install?

Am very confused and if anybody could confirm whether what I have done so far is correct I would be very grateful.

Cheers
Dominic

E1 8.12 (tools release 8.96.1.5), OAS 10.1.2, W2K3 + SQL2000

Back