PL Document Type

vbrandt9272

I am analyzing some spend data and have mostly OV and some PL document types. Should I be including the PL document types in my spend analysis? I don't want to be double counting spend.

I already know that a PL is some kind of matched or unmatched voucher. I'm not looking for a technical description of what a PL document represents. I'm just trying to determine if I should include the PL types in a spend analysis. Thank you.

[email protected]

In most cases "PL" documents are logged vouchers. This means that the initial expense account is actually a suspense account. Once the expense is known, the logged voucher is either matched against a receipt, matched against a Purchase Order, or redistributed to one or more expense accounts when not using 2 or 3 way match. You will certainly need to capture the PL if it is not a matched logged voucher. When it is redistributed, the suspense account is reversed.

You have two choices: 1) Have a business analyst who understands the underlying database structure of the Financials. She/he will tell you which PL entries to include or 2) You can select PL entries but only if the account number is not the suspense account or the received not vouchered account. I have seen auditors actually include the suspense account simply because all expenses needed to be totaled even if it was not currently identified.

The better you understand the JDE software the more accurate your analysis will be.
smile.gif

Back