Pb in html on a specific Find&Browse form : delete the FC criteria when "Enter" is pressed

antoine_mpo

Reputable Poster
Pb in html on a specific Find&Browse form : delete the FC criteria when \"Enter\" is pressed

Hi List,

I developed a specific Find & Browse form with one FC field and a grid (the grid is based on a vue of a specific file).
Basically, on the search button, i do some table IO to get information related to the value of the FC field, and insert the matching ones in my custom file (i use a UKID field to identify the search), and then apply a filter on the grid to display the rows related to this UKID.
It's working perfectly except for one thing :

In html client (and html only. No such behaviour in fat client), if you put a value on the FC field and press "Enter", the screen is refreshed, deleting the value you put !
You could say : Don't press "Enter" as it's not needed (you need to click "Search"). But the problem is that the FC field is meant to be filled with bar code readers, which send automatically "enter" at the end.

I checked the properties of my form, compared it to another specific Find&Browse ... I don't see nothing.

Does anyone have any explanation ? Any idea to fix that ?

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,

Re: Pb in html on a specific Find&Browse form : delete the FC criteria when \"Enter\" is pressed

Hi list,

Some news about my issue.
After many tries (and it's very nice when a problem occurs only in html .... need to deploy and generate in html each time you do some change .... !!
crazy.gif
), i noticed the following thing :
On search button, i search the information i need, insert it in my custom table, with a UKID to identify it, and put the UKID in a hidden FC field of the vue (on my custom table) which have a "=" criteria propertie. If i let this FC control visible, the problem does not occur anymore ...
So i'll probably let it visible, hidding it behind my grid to solve my problem, but i really don't understand why it's not working when hidden ...
If you know why, i'm still interested.

Cheers,

Re: Pb in html on a specific Find&Browse form : delete the FC criteria when \"Enter\" is pressed

Hi List,

Finally, i created a new interactive application, and typed all the code again, and now it's working (even the FC criteria field hidden) ....
How to waste hours for bullshit !!

Cheers,

Back