Payment terms - Based on Installments

Mpeter

Well Known Member
Dear Listers,

We have a scenario where in we need to set up Payment terms based on the Instalments and this needs to be reflected to A/R as well.

We receive Orders from Customers , most of these Orders are Engineer to Order (ETO). Now the Customers pay us in Installments E.X: The Customers pay us 10% of the Total Sales Value as Deposit and 25% after FG and 65% after they receive.
Now these amounts needs to be reflected in A/R as Open Due. These amounts should be reflected on A/R side as soon as the Sale Order was placed. In general the A/R will be updated only after Sale Update. But We need to have this reflected immediately as soon as the Sale Order was raised.

I have a work around to raise an A/R entry with appropriate initial value and based on the Payment Terms. But since this needs to be done manually, there is a likely human error which can happen. I want this A/R entry to be created automatically instead of entering Manually.

Is there any way in JDE where we can set up these things.

Please let me know your ideas/suggestions.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

Many Thanks
Mark Peter.

To confirm my understanding:
You want to record an A/R transaction upon receiving a customer order but before the order is completed and ships? And you want to record the amounts due based upon a schedule of installments due. Is that correct?
As you noted you can create a manual A/R transaction but are interested in something more automated.
Do I understand your question correctly?

Back