Package Deploy speedup

porup

Folks:

Can anyone remember which file needs to be deleted on the client to shorten the 'Looking for previously installed packages' phase of the package deploy?

Ours is taking more than 10 minutes which is beginning to annoy our WTS users.

Thanks in advance.
/Philip

Philip :

Delete content of

\b7\xx7333\source, \include, \obj and \res before installing your
new package.

Regards, Sebastian Sajaroff

It is called Package.INF but be warned that this will remove any environment that you didn't actually install whenever you install and new full package. We sometimes cheat on our environments by copying the PD directory to PY and/or DV on the Citrix servers and fat clients.

Philip,
You may already know this but turning off the Anti-Virus before the package deployment makes a huge difference also.

No can do on the Anti-virus switch off. The big boss has spoken and pain-of-death to anyone who meddles with the AV software.

However, we have set it to scan only on file writes. Not great for a deploy but I can't see away around it. Atleast knocking off a few minutes for the "looking for previously installed packages" will save a bit of time.

Are there any other tricks to speed up a client deploy?

Cheers,
/Philip

I thought I would quickly inform you of how I do a WTS deploy.

I have a machine which is current with all the latest packages installed. I simply copy this machines PD7333 directory over to the WTS server and call it PD7333_n. Once I am ready to do the package install for the server all I do is rename the directories. PD7333 to PD7333_o and PD7333_n to PD7333. This literally takes a few seconds. The only requirement is that you have enough disk space on the WTS machine.

This might be of some help...........

Larry

I agree with Philip.

Turning off anti-virus before the package deployment makes a huge difference.

Back