P4211 - Protect Price fields with Processing Option 35; people objecting

Eric Lehti

VIP Member
P4211 - Protect Price fields with Processing Option 35; people objecting.

On A73 SP 9, today we decided to protect the Price Fields in P4211 by entering a '1' in Processing Option 35 of DREAM writer P4211. Want to keep people from changing the Item Price on a sales order.

Now users say that they need to enter unit price into Freight detail lines (SDLNTY=F). I have locked them out.

I will ask Oracle Tech support about this, but do your sales orders entered have some lines that are price-protected and other lines that are open to price editing?

Until I get this figured out, I will set processing option 35 back to blanks.

I believe that my real challenge is:
is there a good way to to leave Processing Option 35 blank so that Price fields are input-capable, and on Items that have a JDE price, prevent them from changing the unit price?
Anyway, waiting to hear from Tech Support.

Not sure if this is available in World, but in E1, you can protect prices at
the line type level--so try checking your line type setup.

Andy

Eric,

Do you not have PO # 33 in c9? It always for locking down all of the
detail lines after a certain status, can you use this?
If not then you would have to change the P4211 to move a blank to $@PRC
field when the price is =3D to zero. Once it is not zero then moveL the
OP,29 value.....would this work for you? You just may have to change
the program to show and lock down changes based on what you are needing.

P.S. - you missed a good conference!!!
Jim

Re: RE: P4211 - Protect Price fields with Processing Option 35; people objecting

Andy,
Thanks. It appears that Order Line types in A73 (screen 40205)do not offer field protect capability.

Re: RE: P4211 - Protect Price fields with Processing Option 35; people objecting

Jim, Thanks for the comment about processing option 33, which states:
33. Enter the next status code beyond which a detail line cannot be changed. If left blank, no restriction will be put on the changing of a line.
We set processing option 33 to status 560 (Shipment Confirmation at our site), thus enabling people to change the detail all the way up to shipment confirmation.
+++++++++++++++
I am studying your other recommendation regarding the $@PRC field. Thanks again.

Back