OMW

scottw

Well Known Member
[smile]
I need a bit of help. I have created a custom interactive application, somehow the spec. tables are corrupt and the application is not reading the code correctly; not a big deal. I thought I can just delete the application and start over; it is not SOP type program. However, I can delete it from the server? I have checked it in to the Save Location and to the DV7333 environment. I also have not put this in a package and deployed to Enterprise server or any TSE or fat clients. Does anyone have any ideas on the issue? Thanks

When you delete the app, select Delete from All Locations. That should do the trick.

Good thought about deleting from all locations. I have tried that several times; but it is still on the server. The delete process does remove it from my workstation and from the Save Loc.; not from the server, I get an error, "General Error in method, Delete." Not sure what to do about this.

Deleting the App in OMW does not delete the reference to the application's name - in the OMW tables.

I believe the request was to delete the app and start over with the same name... In order to re-use the same name - you have to delete the reference to any versions and to the filename (in the OMW tables).

I don't have a system in front of me, today - so one of the other listers may have to tell you which OMW table(s).

db

Hi Scott!

Check the Full Text Log Details of the delete action both, on project level and on the object level.

Maybe you can gather more info to help you.

Good luck,

Zoltán

Yes, great idea, I did do that and there is some detail in the logging but no sure what to do about. "Failed to delete F98950 table record in trying to delete User Overrides for this app.."
I am not sure what this means, but I did go and look at the F98950 in CODV7333, there is no reference to the custom object. Thanks

--
Senior Technical Consultant
17611 E. Tennessee Pl.
Aurora, CO 80017
Work 303-337-1906
Cell 303-885-1405
Fax 303-306-1800

Scott,

Next step is to turn logging on and examine jdedebug.log for more clues.

I had an OMW problem the other day - could not check-in a brand-new TBLE. The problem turned out to be security-related. Only certain user profiles allowed on the deployment server.

Scott, had you created any User Overrides for this app? If not, then there wouldn't have been an entry to delete from the F98950. This may be one of the error messages that isn't really an error.

Interesting to note that you are on Tennessee Pl in Aurora. My sister is also in Aurora and I'm in Tennessee... what a weird, wild, wacky coincidence!

Your point is well taken, I got the idea to look at the F98950 based on the logging details and you are right there are no user overrides. However the program is not removed from OMW, if you remove it from the project and do a search for the object it still is found with the search and can be placed in a project. It does appear that all of the specs. are gone on the server. I am wondering if I should just an SQL on the related files to remove; but wouldn't think that OMW should take care of this. By the way I tested this process more and it happens with any copied interactive application.

I have checked my OCM mappings and security. Also, I am basically SECOFR on the AS400 and Administrator in OneWorld; I do not believe it is a security issue. I reviewed the JDE Debug log and do not see any security issues.

Hey, the way I thanks for all the input on this question.

If will show up in OMW's search if it's in the F9860. There should be a record in the F9861 which tells you which pathcode still has specs for the application. Once all F9861 records are deleted, OMW should delete the F9860 record. If your prototype COs has specs in the F9861 and you do a "Delete All" while at status 21 (if 21 is developement for you), I don't think the PY CO will get deleted. You would have to promote the deleted object in OMW.

Hi Scott,

I had the same issue some days ago.

Currently I was able to solve it.

This object (APPL) was also on DV7333 and on Save Location.

I moved the object under an other project, to my default (it is not necessary, but I wanted to be on the safe side).

I check-ed out the object to get the token.
I called 3 times the delete for this objec:

1st - Delete on Save Location
2nd - Delete locally
3rd - Delete on Server

...and the APPL disappeared at last.

Try this and let we know your results!

Good luck,

Zoltán

Figured it out, first I noticed in the debug log there was a reference to the F98950 file (VO). I then looked at the OMC and realized that the VO were not setup correctly, changed the settings and my problems are solved. The out of the box activity rules are wrong and when XE was installed no one fixed the OMC settings made the changes and now I am able to delete IA objects with out issue. Thanks for all the comments!

--
17611 E. Tennessee Pl.
Aurora, CO 80017
Work 303-337-1906
Cell 303-885-1405
Fax 303-306-1800

I am running into this exact same issue. Did you ever figure out how to delete it Scott?

No, I have not got it cleared up. I have had to a couple of other things in the meantime but I hope to get back to it next. Thanks, but I do not have a solution at this point.

I did go into the OL7334/F9860 and F9861 tables and deleted the records associated with the application. Then went back and I was able to do a delete. Now I just need another application to test it on to see if it will work again. Of course, the better question is....will I have to do this everytime I delete an app and why?

There is a short-cut, mostly a table-record hack.

DFU or SQL to the application's record in the F9860 table - and rename the object int it's record to something like 'its original name + "B"'. The F9860 is sort of the 'god' record. If the application/ube doesn't exist in that table - OW doesn't know about it (and it is, thus, gone).

Make sure you rename the record, not delete it (you might want to want to go back to it).

Renaming the object within the F9860 record has the same affect as deleting it. The child records will be overwritten when you create a new object or copy an existing object to the new name.

YMMV

db

Perhaps gone but not forgotten, the thing about not being able to delete is the tam tables. In the jde.ini put in the [INTERACTIVE RUNTIME]
TamMenus=SHOW then go to UTB and click on the File/Open RDB you can then see the spec tables relative to you batch/interactive application. Even if you delete the OMW tables as mentioned you may still have records in the tam tabes. It's your call. I want those cleaned up as well. Thanks

--
17611 E. Tennessee Pl.
Aurora, CO 80017
Work 303-337-1906
Cell 303-885-1405
Fax 303-306-1800

Back
Top Bottom