OJAS Instance not getting created...

max_xx

Well Known Member
Gd'day Every1,

I know this must be a simple one for most of you, but I am stuck up at creating a new instance for OJAS.

Config.
-----
E812
TR 8.96
Ent Server: RHEL
Web Server: RHEL. OJAS configured on it.

Currently there are 3 instances of each env. DV,PY and PD running on it. I have created a new env and wanted to add a new instance of the new env on it.

When I am trying to install the new instance, it's not just getting installed. It finishes off with error.

Below is the Install.out file created:
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:22 AM EST] PE100001D: OASEnvironment:setOpmnOc4jIasComp: opmn/process-manager/ias-component set for environment.
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:22 AM EST] PE100001D: OASEnvironment:setOpmnOc4jIasComp: ias-component
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:22 AM EST] PE100001D: OASEnvironment:getComponentInstance: JasOC4JUAT not found.
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:23 AM EST] PE100001E: OASEnvironment:createOC4JInstance: exception=oracle.ias.sysmgmt.exception.PersistenceException: Base Exception:
Another operation is in progress which prevents your operation from completing at this time
. Please retry this operation later.
Resolution:
If you are using a file-based repository and there are no other concurrent operations, please use the dcmctl utility resetFileTransaction command to clean up any abnormally terminated file-based repository operations.
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:23 AM EST] PE100001E: OASEnvironment:setOc4jJmsServer: exception=oracle.ias.sysmgmt.exception.EntityNotFoundException: Entity not found.
Resolution:
Entity not found
Base Exception:
The plugin OC4J did not have any documents associated with the Document Key OC4J_INSTANCE_ID:JasOC4JUAT;
Resolution:
Contact Oracle Support
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:23 AM EST] PE100001I: OASConfig:uninstall: Couldn't set jms-server object
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:23 AM EST] PE100001E: OASEnvironment:undeployApplication: exception=java.lang.NullPointerException
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:23 AM EST] PE100001D: OASEnvironment:getComponentInstance: JasOC4JUAT not found.
[Jun 6, 2008 11:07:23 AM EST] PE100001E: OASEnvironment:deleteOC4JInstance: Deletion failed because OC4J is still running or could not be found.

It clearly depicts that its not able to create a new instance on OJAS.
I tried doing it manually, i.e. from OAS Enterprise Manager but it too was not able to create a new instance.
The error over there says:
"Another operation is in progress which prevents your operation from completing at this time . Please retry this operation later."

So, in the end, I guess there is some dodgy process running in the background which is not allowing the new instance to be created.

I have tried restarting the server, manually stopping all the instances, letting just HTTP server on but in vain.
Even rebooted the machine
smile.gif
, but it just does not want to get installed.

Has anyone faced this one before ??

I would be glad if anyone can let me know any resolution or a piece of advice of what can be done.

Thanks a lot in mates.

Warm Regards,
Max

Hi,

Have you tried stopping HTTP service before launching
your OAS instance setup?

Hey,
do you have the service of the server manager (SM Management console) running on the machine you are using to creat the instance.
Kweku
E1 812 Tools release 8.97
OAS 10g R3 (10.1.3.1.0)
Windows 2003 SP2
Server Manager 8.971

Thanks a lot every1.

Well, I was not able to create a new Instance.
So I installed a new Oracle_Home and created the new instance in it.

So, currently OraHome_1 holds: PY,PD & DV
whereas OraHome_4 holds: UAT (Our custom environment)

I am not too sure of why its still giving that stupid error of something being running in the background.

I tried to change the ports in the old home and guess what, it gave the same error "something running in the background" and I need to wait for sometime.

I think so that the old_home has gone crappy. I'll transfer PY,DV and PD to the new home.

Atleast, its working now.
smile.gif

I'll try to fix the old home once everything is transferred to old home.
Will let you know if I find something interesting.

Thanks once again.

Warm Regards,
Max

Back