OCM

getbhanu

havin 3 environments Dev733 with path code pc1 and data source ds1, CRP733 with path code pc2 and data source with ds2, PRD733 with path code pc3 and data source ds3 are used , intead of using three data sources for three different environments , can i use only one dats source with three different path codes assosiated to the environments? how , can anyone help me out ?

yes you can.

You may create/modify environments to have different path code but share the same data source. This approach was implemented in our company to test the objects/programs. This way the users/testers can tell easily if the problem is data setting issue or the programming issue. I assumed you have already created the data source and the path code to be used, all you need is to add/change the environments setting. Go to menu GH9053 and take a look at the Environment Master. In there, you can modify the path code for object specs location and the data source for the data library.

Or you can change the OCM mapping to point all environments to use that data source for the files that you want them to use. OCM is the fast path for that.

Back