E9.2 Orchestration Form Workflow

shortdog

Has anyone created a workflow that walks a user between many forms. I need to create an orchestration that will create customers with several different forms being visited and the user filling several fields on each form. The orchestrations I have done before use some data source ( Flat File, Excel, Table, etc) and the orchestration does it all and then gives feedback.

Is it just as simple as recording the form request and then capturing the Output of the OK or Cancel and testing on that to determine if I continue the Orchestration? If the user takes other unexpected form/row exists, will that cause problems. What about if the user runs other apps in tandem and swithes back and forth. I assume the orchestration is only affected but the current form request.

Just trying to get my head around the effort for this kind of orchestration so I can give a time estimate.

Thanks for any guidance from some of the more experienced orchestrators here.

This is going to happen on a system on the latest tools release.

Hi

Yes you can call several recorded process form requests in sequence in an Orch, but the screens themselves will never pop up and won't be interactive.
So all the values you need for form 1 2 3 need to be either declared at the start as an input or obtained after you click OK or exit a control etc by using the return values feature in the process recorder.
You would need to save some of the outputs or fields in form 1 as return values in the recorded process and use then in form 2 3 etc

So for example, create an ITM in F4101 in P4101 and use the new next number ITM number as a returned value to then go on and call the next recorded form request for F4102 in P41026

Hope that helps?

But ask in the other forum group below this one

Last edited:
Thanks. I didn't see the orchestrator forum until after I had posted. I will post there next time. Your answer confirmed what I was thinking.

Back