Object ID#248 Not found

JDETECHIE

Hi all,

I created custom financial report, it was working fine, but suddenly it is giving error saying Object ID# 248 not found Please run ER validation to verify ER integrity.
When i Validate event rules it is validating succes fully.
What could be the reason, is my report spec got corrupted? other wise how to find object ID, i tried to find object id through Browse event rules but i could n't fine ID# 248.
Help me ut guys!!

thanks
xe sp20, oracle 9i, unix

I've hit this sort before (though not object id #248).

I have yet to find an object id# to object name xref w/in ER.

Did you cut/paste an object just before it stopped working?
Or perhaps renamed an object (even changing up/low case)?

If so, look for all of the "buried" times (w/in bsfn, interconnects, table io) in which that object was used.

Sometimes ER updates these, sometimes it doesn't.

Another way to _try_ to find it is to run debug over the
UBE and look at each section's code (w/in debug).

Object references that LOOK LIKE they work in ER,
and even validate, will sometimes show in debug as being
wrong.

Sorry that I don't have a "better" answer. If there is one,
hopefully it will get posted and I'll get to learn it too.

Gene

Hi,

I have faced this issue once,the cause of the issue might be because of spec differences between report and the version which you are running. when you validate the ER it will be successful but you will find the difference or missing objects only when you print ER and check it manually. Hope this will help.

Thanks. I faced this issue today and this post helped me almost 20 years after being written. The version was overridden in my case. I changed the base template and was not aware of version override unless i read this and checked.

Thanks. I want to copy the above text.

I faced this issue today and this post helped me almost 21 years after being written. The version was overridden in my case. I changed the base template and was not aware of version override unless i read this and checked.

Hi all
Can anyone give an example of how ti use B4200070 GetSalesBasePrice

Thanks

Hi all

Thanks
When I need to find an example for a given business function, I look for "business function where used" in the Cross Reference Facility, then look up that object within live code to see what inputs/outputs the developer mapped. Hope this is helpful

Hi all

Thanks
Hi Galileo,

I'm not sure if this query is related with the subject. It is better to start a new question if the topic is entirely different. I hope Dave is already replied which will help you to find all the objects which are cross linked together.

Back