Set Level break based on condition..

JDE Techie

Hi Friends,
I am working on JDE 8.12.Currently I am working on a report whose execution is based on value in processing option.If the po calue is 1 then it should have level breaks on a prticular set of fields else it should have level breaks on another set of fields.The data sequencing in both case is the same(on same set of fields) but the level break changes...

I used the system function "Use data sel/seq from a section" and I created another section and put the data sequence and level break and then from the main section put the appropriate logic but on execution,I get the following message:

Unable to find object ID# - 2. Please run ER Validation to verify Event Rule integrity.

I deleted the new section created and then it was working fine.

Basically I require to have the condition to toggle between level breaks on different fields.

Is there any business function to accomplish the same?

Am I missing any step?

Regards,
Joshh....

Hi Friends,

I didn't used "Use data sel/seq from a section".
Why don't you see for sample in R42565 ,there is a section that populate the data you selected into F42565 and this F42565 has a reserved field with 120 long. If you want to sort by Doc|Dct from processing option then you update this field with Doc cat Dct. after that then you chnage sequencing to that field and make it as single level break.

You may use this concept with your UBE ,it should work.

Hope this will help.

Manochy,

Hi Josh,

You can manipulate BC values in Before Levele Break event to achieve this.

Instead of describing this technique in details, examine as an example the Detail Section in R04570 Create Payment Control Groups Batch Application.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back