E9.2 Level Break Footer Initialize Fires First?

Shannon.Inge

While debugging I noticed something that seemed strange to me and I'm just wondering if others have seen it as well.

I have a group section with the following data sequence. There are level break headers for RORN, OORN, and MCU2 and level break footers for RORN and MCU2.

1652283018711.png

I made sure that was at least one executable line of code in the Initialize and Do events for all the level break headers and footers as well as the main group section. I set a breakpoint on the first line of code in each of these events and started debugging. The events ran in this order:

MCU2 Footer Initialize
RORN Footer Initialize

RORN Header Initialize
OORN Header Initialize
MCU2 Header Initialize
Main Group Section Initialize
RORN Header Do
OORN Header Do
MCU2 Header Do
Main Group Section Do
MCU2 Footer Do
RORN Footer Do
Remaining events ran in an expected order...

Is it normal for the footers to Initialize at the very beginning, even before the headers initialize? Maybe this is normal and we've just never noticed it?

Thanks,
Shannon

E1 9.2, Tools 9.2.5.3

That is the order I remember they fire, OORN Footer Initialize should have been fired before the header inits. Its confusing, so mostly I will avoid having any code in level break footer/header init. If there is anything you need to Initialize, you can write them first in the do section of footer/header init.

Hi Shannon

To get my head around this I created a simple UBE sequencing on AN8 ITM MCU CATN and labeled each level break header and level break footer section
The headers fire in the order you list them in sequencing, the footers in reverse.
ALL breaks fire off regardless of what's breaking too

So a sequence of AN8 ITM MCU CATN in an excel gives this output sequence:-

AN8 H
ITM H
MCU H
CATN H

Then the data, then the next break, whatever it is. ....

CATN F
MCU F
ITM F
AN8 F
AN8 H
ITM H
MCU H
CATN H

Back