Number Diplay format

sathyabalu

I need to print numbers (both in reports and also visible in applications)in indian format ie. 99,99,99,999.99 instead of 999,999,999.99. Is there any solution in JDE for this (note the , position).

thanks in Advance,
Sathya.
OneWorld Xe, B7333, Update 6, NT system

Hi Sathya

You need to set up your regional options in your (windows) control panel. Under 'Numbers' you can change your digit groupings. In JDE you can only affect the number of decimals, the length of display and the edit code for neg signs, display commas and zero display.

Rgds,

Hi Sathya

Just noticed you placed your post in three different forums and in the XE forum your query was already answered. We strongly discourage people from placing a question in multiple forums as duplicate replies may result, multiple unnecessary threads may develop and it wastes other people's time. Could you AND ALL OTHERS please refrain from putting posts in multiple areas and instead select the most appropriate forum only.

Thanks & Rgds,

Hi Sef,
Sorry for posting multiple entries. Will refrain from doing so. The solution which u gave is not working out. Even after changing the Digit grouping in Numbers tab as well as Currency tab of the regional options, the report displays the number as 999,999,999.99 format.

Is there any other solution to this or i need to write a custom bsfn.?

thanks and regards,
Sathya.

Hi Sathya

Are you running your report locally or on the server and did you make the changes locally or on the server? If you made the change on your own desktop, can you try and run the UBE locally and see if this works?

Rgds,

Hi sef,
even after running the report on the local machine, its not reflected. i tried even running a sample report in a demo installation. There too, its the same.

thnks and regards,
Sathya.

Hi Sathya

I tried to achieve the same here and much to my surpise I wasn't able to get this to work either. My apologies for leading you astray. It seemed a straight forward request, but somehow JDE must not recognise the settings. Any other users out there who who have been able to fix this?

Rgds,

Back