NMake error

schatzie

I am trying to generate a new table but I am having problems generating the code

I have downloaded microsoft vvisual studio

I have changed the INI file to change the JDE_CG section
I went to the JDE knowledge garden and copied what they indicated needed to change

Includes=C;\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;$(SYSTEM)\ ETC
I have done the same with the LIBS entry and the MAKEDIR entry.

But it says the MAKEDIR setting in my INI file points to the wrong compiler directory or that you did not instal Visual C++ on your machine

Any hints?

Did you copy the first part of that Include line from the ini? That semicolon following 'C' should be a colon. Also, are you using VC 6? I've had to take out all the $(system) stuff and hardcode a real path in some cases. That is simpler than reinstalling.

Hi schatzie,

Welcome aboard!

>>> "I went to the JDE knowledge garden and..."

How did you do that?
Can you access the Old JDE KG somehow?
As far as I know, accessing KG through the old kgapps2 server does not work anymore.

..OR..
Do you mean, that have you accessed JDE KG more monthes ago?
;-)

Regards,

Zoltán

Zolton

Yes - I did access the KG yesterday. I was given a user name and sign on from my company. You might have to contact them in order to get into the new site

Hello Whipping

I am sorry that I wrote it in wrong - yes I do have a colon after the C: I am using V6 so maybe I do have to use the path you stated - what did you have to change in the below code

INCLUDES=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include;$(SYSTEM)\include;$(SYSTEM)\cg;$(APP)\include;$(SYSTEM)\includev
LIBS=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\lib;$(SYSTEM)\lib32;$(APP)\lib32;$(SYSTEM)\libv32
MAKEDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin

thank you

Hi schatzie,

Do you mean really "JD Edwards Knowledge Garden" and not "PeopleSoft Customer Connection"?

If yes, would you please share the link of that site with us?

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi

I go to JDEDWARDS.COM (peoplesoft menu)
I go to upper right corner and do a sign in
a couple of pop ups come up
than i sign in with user/password sometimes in order for it to work - i need to go to the user id (automatically put in there) and high light it - than it works - don't ask me why - cause i do not know - but is through people soft but I can get my infomation that I normally need from there except cases like I am having

good luck - anymore help please let me know

...pop-ups?

What browser are you on? I opened in Firefox and Explorer, no pop-ups and no KG. The Princess is sad and missed her garden of knowledge.

Hi JDEPrincess

I use internet explorer. What I mean by pop ups is that when I first sign in - I get a security alert, than I get security informantion pop up. I enter my user id and password and get another security alert about leaving a secure site - that is all
I am with you that the old site was better but I have been able to at least find out a little information

hope this helps

Just replace $(system) with 'c:\b7\system' and $(app) with 'c:\b7\dv7334' (I'm assuming the b7 dir is off the c root.)

Hey whipping boy

thank you - that helped me with at least finding the directory but I am still having trouble with the build - here i what I get - any help would be wonderful it still fails on me
(It would help if I was more CNC)

Generating Makefile: C:\B7\PY7334\obj\JDBTRG3.mak
Makefile generated.
Building business functions.
************JDBTRG3************
jdertdll.c
************Build Finished************
JDBTRG3.dll - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s): Build failed. Restored previous dll.
Makefile generated.
jdertdll.c
Makefile generated.

jdertdll.c

Back