NER and Package Build

jebenbow

List,

I am having issues with N48S0320. When it is called by P42230 (Online Invoice Inquiry) OW tries to find this NER in CFIN.dll not CCRIN.dll. In F9860 and F98762 the parent dll is CCRIN. So I open up busbuld and run synchronize JDEBLC then verify thru UTB that szSourceFileName is now CCRIN. At this point all is well when the NER is executed on a client.
However, When I build a full or update package, on the deployment server or a client, the new JDEBLC has N48S0320 with a source file of CFIN again.
Any ideas on how to get an accurate build?

Thanks,
Jeb Benbow

XE Update 3 SP16.1
W2K, SQL2K & Terminal Server
Fat Clients dwindling weekly

Are you sure that the fat client and deployment server environments you are logged into are mapped to the same F9860 ?
If they are, then there is something weird going on....

Currnetly OneWorld B7332/Xe Windows NT SQL 7.0 Server 7.0/ Citrix XP (Experienced on all platforms)

It sounds like you've checked everything, but there is one more thing to try...

1 - On a developer workstation, use OMW and put N48S0320 into a project.
2 - Check out N48S0320.
3 - Go into design, tab: Design Tools, button: Start Business Function Design Aid.
4 - Ensure the Parent DLL name is CCRIN. Change, if necessary.
5 - Press OK to save, whether you changed anything or not.
6 - Go back to the main OMW screen and check inN48S0320.
7 - Now try building this in an update package and see which .dll it builds into.
8a - If it builds correctly into CCRIN.dll, then promote the object through your pathcodes and build packages accordingly.
8b - If this doesn't fix your problem, then do try the following:
1 - On the workstation you used to develop, add "TAMMenus=Show" to the [INTERACTIVE RUNTIME] section of the jde.ini.
2 - Make sure OneWorld is shut down and run C:\b7\system\bin32\utbrowse.exe.
3 - Press FILE|OPEN LOCAL TAM
4 - Select JDEBLC.DDB
5 - One the QBE, szAuthor column, enter N48S0320 (ALL CAPS!)and press FIND.
6 - Check to see that the value of szSourceFileName = CCRIN
7a - If it does, then I'm out of ideas!
7b - If it does not, then you need to log a call with JDE that the Parent DLL is not being updated in the local TAM specs (jdeblc) correctly when changed through design. As a side note, this is where design should make the change. I believe at design time, when you press the ok button after changing the parent dll, it also updates the F9860. I'm not sure if it will update the F98762 until the object is checked in...so you have to make sure all the steps are followed correctly. In addition, then all the local specs on all the other machines would have to be updated via a package to truly modify the parent dll of a business function...As to how yours might have changed, I can't say. On our system (XE, Update 4) the parent DLL of N48S0320 is CCRIN.

GOOD LUCK!

I am having issues with N48S0320. When it is called by P42230 (Online Invoice Inquiry) OW tries to find this NER in CFIN.dll not CCRIN.dll. In F9860 and F98762 the parent dll is CCRIN. So I open up busbuld and run synchronize JDEBLC then verify thru UTB that szSourceFileName is now CCRIN. At this point all is well when the NER is executed on a client.
However, When I build a full or update package, on the deployment server or a client, the new JDEBLC has N48S0320 with a source file of CFIN again.
Any ideas on how to get an accurate build?

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

Back