Update package build/deploy for BSSV and other objects

max_xx

Well Known Member
Hi Every1,

A quick question to all guru's over here.

Suppose I have few reports, a couple of tables + BSSV objects in a project to be deployed to PY from DV. The method which I follow is do an update pkg (client+server) build/deploy/webgen for all the objects(including BSSV) in the project.

Then I do another build of an update package for the BSSV objects (just client build) and deploy it to PY BSSV.

With the above two builds/deploys I dont face any issues.

My question: Is it possible to deploy the first package (which contains a build for both client+server) to BSSV web instance OR it is compulsory to build just a client only update pkg to be deployed to BSSV web instance.

My 2nd question is:
The client only upd pkg build(with only BSSV objs + 1 report (I prefer R0006P)) takes approx 40 - 45 minutes to finish off. Is there a way to reduce this time ?
I have noticed that in Business Service Assembly application all BSSV's are selected. This means that during the build all the BSSV's are built again. What will happen if I select only the ones which I require (most of the times its just 1 or 2 BSSV's max). If I deselect the other ones, select the ones which are new, build an upd pkg+deploy it - will there be an issue with the already deployed BSSV's ?

We are on JDE 9.0 TR 8.98.4.2 - Windows OS 2008 for DEP/ENT/WEB - Win 2003 for BSSV, SQL 2008 as DB running on Win 2008.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Warm Regards,
Max

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Every1,

A quick question to all guru's over here.

Suppose I have few reports, a couple of tables + BSSV objects in a project to be deployed to PY from DV. The method which I follow is do an update pkg (client+server) build/deploy/webgen for all the objects(including BSSV) in the project.

Then I do another build of an update package for the BSSV objects (just client build) and deploy it to PY BSSV.

With the above two builds/deploys I dont face any issues.

My question: Is it possible to deploy the first package (which contains a build for both client+server) to BSSV web instance OR it is compulsory to build just a client only update pkg to be deployed to BSSV web instance.

My 2nd question is:
The client only upd pkg build(with only BSSV objs + 1 report (I prefer R0006P)) takes approx 40 - 45 minutes to finish off. Is there a way to reduce this time ?
I have noticed that in Business Service Assembly application all BSSV's are selected. This means that during the build all the BSSV's are built again. What will happen if I select only the ones which I require (most of the times its just 1 or 2 BSSV's max). If I deselect the other ones, select the ones which are new, build an upd pkg+deploy it - will there be an issue with the already deployed BSSV's ?

We are on JDE 9.0 TR 8.98.4.2 - Windows OS 2008 for DEP/ENT/WEB - Win 2003 for BSSV, SQL 2008 as DB running on Win 2008.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Warm Regards,
Max

[/ QUOTE ]

ciao Max
answer 1: I think that you must built two packages (one for client/server and one for bssv) because until TR 8.98.4.1 you cannot build bssv package on deployment server and you had to build it on development workstation. But starting with Tr8.98.4.2 you can build bssv package on deployment, so you can build one package with all your need (report, applicatio, Po.... and bssv)

answer 2: before package build you can select which publish bssv you want to include in package ear (all internal bssv are always included). For example if you select only one publish bssv, build the package and deploy it to bssv server only this publish bssv will be available. bssv deploy drops completly previous web application and deploy the new ear

ciao
gg

One update. Probably with release 9.1 Oracle will introduce the possibility to build "update" package for bssv (select a subset of bssv to update main bssv server without completly drop bssv istance)
gg

Back