MRP Stock on Hand Calc - Include Stock in Another Branch

Suzanne Pooley

Hi,

We have a branch plant that we have created that is an 'overflow' warehouse for one of our main warehouses. We use it when we run out of room in our main warehouse(which is also the manufacturing plant). The stock would be transferred back into the main branch/plant before being sold or transfered into another site, so therefore all the demand is on the main branch.

Is there anyway I can configure the MRP/DRP run to consider the stock in this branch as part of the available stock in the main branch so that we don't get messages to make more?

Any ideas would be appreciated- we could possibly use this overflow branch as a seperate location in the existing branch but this is not ideal.

Thanks

Suzanne

If you want your stock to be considered as available, then the material in
the other branch should be considered a location. If you leave it as an
other branch, the material will not be available but you will be able to
configure multi-branch MRP and have transfer orders created to ship the
material to the main branch when required.

Guy Robert
Syntax.Net

If you want to keep your overflow branch as a seperate MCU, you could write a UBE to copy the inventory in the overflow branch into a special location in your MPS branch at zero cost, at a status which is not allocatable to orders. You would then need to run this custom UBE prior to running MPS to get correct messages.

Otherwise, its Transfer Orders or 1 branch.

Use consolidated functions on R3483 (multifacility tab). Simple condolidation will consider supply and demand in both your branches and dump the messages in your chosen consolidated branch.

Thanks Rashid, It is my understanding that you would need to use this across all branches though? This requirement is just for one overflow branch. The rest of our model is a rather complex series of branch plants that we wish to use branch plant relationships for. Therefore, i ma not sure if I would be able to take advantage of this. Is my understanding correct?
Thanks
Suzanne

Have you tested this ?
Item in Mfg B/P is stock type = M, in Overflow B/P is = P but has no supplier number setup in Item/Branch.
Create a branch relationship between Mfg and Overflow for the relevant items, with Availability checking set on and percent fill as 10 ( e.g. )
R3483 has a "manufacture at origin" processing option on Multi-Facility tab page: - set this to blank so that it will create a Transfer Order for manufactured items and purchased items. any demand at Mfg will be checked against supply from Overflow, if none or insufficient the demand reverts back to Main, which should then create message for a W.O.
Haven't tested this myself but is worth a shot.

Back