MRP R3482 Date Generation failed

tmackin

Reputable Poster
I know I have had this error before but for the life of me I can't remember the cause. My shop calendars are setup through 12/31/09.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, TIA.

Tim:
You are right on the money. Probbably the planning horzion goes out beyond the end of the shop floor calendar causing the Date Generation Error. It is that, or there is a month missing for 1 or more branches.

Jeff

Shop Floor calendar is the obvious place to look in synch with your planning horizons.You have to also check if you have any forecast,orders greater than your calendar and horizon.
Have also seen date generation failure bug in XE where one of the months has non-working days on the last fri/sat of the month.

Found it!! One month missing in 2009 for one of the branches.. Thanks Jeff
for jogging my failing memory!

hello,
I am facing the same issue after executing the planning report R3482 , the output is data generation failed.
I have read the above comments but i am confused how to check the planning horizon in my case the processing option has planning horizon as No. of planning days 7, No. of planning weeks 11, No of planning months 21.
now how i can know how much is the horizon and is that fitting into the shop floor calendars?
If anyone can please share their experience on this.

From today's date, go out 21 months, 11 weeks, and 7 days. Then make sure that your shop floor calendar for either "ALL" branches or for each branch being planned goes out at least that far into the future. I like setting them up with several years beyond the horizon, and then add another year to them once a year.

The Problem is been resolved by setting up the shop floor calendars for future 3 years !!

Thanks Dsauve!

Back