• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Moving from OAS to weblogic, how to deal with different Java versions

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
We are moving our 8.12 8.98 Tools servers to WebLogic from OAS in preparation for eventually going to the 9.1 Tools. However I have a dilema.

OAS only supports Java 1.5 and WLS only supports Java 1.6. The specs held in the F98999* tables are Java version specific. Short of creating a whole new WLS environment in JDE with a new set of F98999* tables, has anyone figured out how to run these two setup simultaneously?

Thanks

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
Just for doco, here is what Oracle came back with:

you need to have another set of Serialized Objects tables (F989998 and F989999). You can store them anywhere you want, but it just has to be in a separate datasource from the original tables. You can use the jdb.ini section “JDBj – SPEC DATASOURCE” to point to the tables.

I've often wondered what this section was used for, now I know. I will try this next week and update this post.

78aspide78

VIP Member
Hi have done this in a TR migration in a particular configuration (two environment one set of central object two TR level, two set of data dictionary).
After the initial set up everything worked as aspected.

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
Just for follow-up I only had to create the new data sources (no ODBC required) and create the tables/indexes.

Cycle and I was off and running.

Tom