• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

More than one instance of Vertex on the same AS/400

GSI Inc.

I am about to start testing the new version of Vertex. The last time I put it on another AS/400 and pointed the connection to that system.. Is there a way to use the same as/400 but a different lib name? This would save a lot of time and be more of a true test because our test box is at V5R3 and our prod box is at V5R1. If we did it the way I did it last time I do not consider that a true test. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Angelis

I don't believe that Vertex supports multiple instances on the same AS/400 instance.

Since your test box and your production box are on different OS releases, using your last test methodology you shouldn't rely on the results 100%. On the other hand, if you're like us you don't have a lot of spare AS/400s laying around, so you may have to just have faith (and pray a lot). In general, I wouldn't expect a lot of difference between Vertex on V5R1 and Vertex on V5R3. JDE is more likely to be a problem than Vertex.